Steelseries Ikari - input from owners

Jellylesg

2[H]4U
I'm looking at maybe getting an Ikari, but for all the good stuff I read about it there's something troubling me. My Deathadder's IR won't track on my desk, which is painted with black gloss paint. My MX1000 does, but is shit.

So it seems optical mice track ok on this surface, but lasers - or whatever the Deathadder uses - don't. I've heard unfavourable things about the optical version of the Ikari, in addition to it looking gash compared to the laser one. Anyone with either used theirs on a similar surface with any success? I don't want to spunk a bunch of notes on another dud like with the horrible MX.

Don't like using a mouse pad? Just curious. There are some really good ones out there.

You need a Ratpadz--go see the [H]ot|Deals subforum and spend some money on a quality mouse pad, you deserve it. =)

2.png

Yeah. I had a RatzPad and I didn't like it (sorry [H]). I've had my XTrac for going on 4 years now.

And again, exactly the same here. We've been through the same mousepad odyssey it seems. Took me a looooong time to find one that i liked and kept and this definately is it!

Back