SteelSeries 9HD Mouse Pad, $21.99, Amazon

Johnked6

[H]ard|Gawd
This is the cheapest I've seen this mouse pad for, normal price of $35 now on sale for $21.99, eligible for free shipping over $25.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002NIGDX0/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01

This is a hard, plastic mat designed for laser mice. I've heard a lot of good things about this mouse pad. The 9HD is the larger version of the 4HD, 10.7" x 12.7".

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I purchased this exact pad in July of 2011 and still am using it. Works flawlessly even a year later with heavy use.

I bought one on 8/14/2011 and it complements my MX518 very nicely... good mouse pad for the money.

Bought mine 2 years ago and the left side has tracking issues now. Cleaned it and swapped out my mouse to double check. No luck.

Anybody try it with Steel Series Lazer Ikari?

I have a SS experience I-2 which is hard surface made of glass. I like hard surface pad because they feel more precise and are not "squishy" feeling but I have never tried the 9HD. How does the 9HD compare to other hard surface pads like mine for lazer optical mice?

Last edited:
In for one, my Razer Destructor was starting to wear out after 2 years.

Thanks OP!

Hot deal. Hard to resist but my SS Experience I-2 does a great job and I'm already use to it.

You can buy a nice piece of glazed tile from home depot or lowes for $2-4 that is huge and works great. Just fyi.

I couldn't resist.

Hope it is as good as the youtube video I posted above.

I've had my original Ratpadz for like 7 years now. I have 2 at home, for the wife and I, and 1 at work, and a backup from the GamExperience that Kyle/AMD put on. Used every day. I think I'm on my 5th or 6th mouse though.

I have the 4HD and wouldn't recommend anything less. This one will be just as awesome. Enjoy.

Hot deal. Hard to resist but my SS Experience I-2 does a great job and I'm already use to it.

After a few weeks of gaming with both the SS Experience I-2 and the 9HD I prefer the 9HD.

Works very good with my steel series Ikari Lazer with Corepad skate feet.

I like the hard surface feel with just a very small feel of spring on the surface. Great controlled glide and tracking..

Just reporting back from my purchase that I've been super happy with the 9HD. Such an improvement over just using the surface of my desk! :)

Back