Steel Cases

M

mfm

I have seen this case at a local dealer with an active system. It was surprisingly quiet, and if the temp gauges were accurate, the temperature inside was very good using 3 fans (1 on side, 2 on rear).

I have read some negative comments about this case, mostly related to cooling. The side fan is "too centered" and the venting behind the front panel requires the airflow to come up from the bottom of the front panel.

Despite this, a P4 2.6C with 512MB, Radeon 9600, 80GB hard drive, DVD-ROM and CD-RW was not hot at all. I don't think this case qualifies as an overclocker's or lan dream case, but for most people interested in a basic PC setup, it is actually a pretty good case (IMHO).

my new case..err one of them....is steel and i weighed it...40Lbs EMPTY...of course it is a entry level server tower...as long as you dont get a big case it should be ok weight wise...and its not like steel runs hotter or any thing

Originally posted by Niku
my new case..err one of them....is steel and i weighed it...40Lbs EMPTY...of course it is a entry level server tower...as long as you dont get a big case it should be ok weight wise...and its not like steel runs hotter or any thing

My HP case can get pretty damned hot in there. That's different though. :p

As for material, I want a Uranium case. :p Geeze, it would weigh around 400 lbs for a case made of pure Urainum... Hehe... Shipping charges...

Originally posted by Niku
my new case..err one of them....is steel and i weighed it...40Lbs EMPTY...
I have noticed that with the Antec cases (minus the PS). They are quite a bit heavier than a comparably sized generic mid-tower case. The case mentioned by the original poster of this thread is an interesting one. The steel used is not very thick, yet the case is fairly sturdy. As to weight, I think that this case is closer in weight to a Lian-Li than an Antec.

Back