Steam Weekend Deal: ARMA 2 @ $25

I want to but my PC can't handle it :(

At least not well anyway...This one will have to wait for my next gen system in a year or so. We'll see what the hardware and gaming scene looks like.

Guess this is pretty hot price for it, but I couldn't stand the game.

fun game if you can look past the bugs. for anyone interested in performance, it runs terribly on my aging system: Q6600 @ 3 GHZ, 4870 512MB slightly OC'd. This is out-of-the-box and fully patched. there are several areas in the game where i get FPS in the low 20's and it's unplayable to me. for reference, to my eyes Crysis is playable at about 25-30 fps where as ARMA2 is not. steps can be taken to increase performance a little, but to me it's not worth the hassle of tweaking config files, etc.

regardless, could be a lot of fun for the right person. i'll try again someday when i have a more capable machine.

I think that is a fair price for the game to make up for some of its short comings, it is still an incredible game (scale, options and versatility).

fun game if you can look past the bugs. for anyone interested in performance, it runs terribly on my aging system: Q6600 @ 3 GHZ, 4870 512MB slightly OC'd. This is out-of-the-box and fully patched. there are several areas in the game where i get FPS in the low 20's and it's unplayable to me. for reference, to my eyes Crysis is playable at about 25-30 fps where as ARMA2 is not. steps can be taken to increase performance a little, but to me it's not worth the hassle of tweaking config files, etc.

regardless, could be a lot of fun for the right person. i'll try again someday when i have a more capable machine.

A 4870 and a quad core at three gigahertz??? What the heck kind of game is this .... :confused:

Time to do some looking I guess. The graphics had better just be jaw-dropping...

A 4870 and a quad core at three gigahertz??? What the heck kind of game is this .... :confused:

Time to do some looking I guess. The graphics had better just be jaw-dropping...

HardOCP has something on the settings for various (high end) cards.

Finally bought this, even though I don't have a computer to play it on yet...

I liked the demo a lot.

HardOCP has something on the settings for various (high end) cards.

for me the poor performance had very little to do with my graphics card. this game is very CPU intensive. i got those framerates regardless of graphics settings. i believe a Core i7 makes all the difference in the world, though that's not from personal experience just what i've read online.

Back