• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

STEAM update problem!!!! ping

eeyrjmr

[H]ardness Supreme
Joined
Apr 23, 2002
Messages
4,363
ok there has been quite a few reported problem due to the latest STEAM update.

Majority were GFX related with hte enabling of the new HDR tech. However, this was fixable with the beta nVidia drivers and a few other tweaks.

The other listed problems have been with the game either crashing or not starting, equally these have tweks to get working.

There is one other major problem that alot of other ppl have but not a single solution/workaround has been posted.

The problem is ping,

I have a ping of 15 to the bbc website (and that is average ping after 100 pings and the maximum is 20 odd).

However, STEAM server browser for CSS servers are reporting servers of 90+ on servers that before the update were 30!!!!!

When I connect the majority of ppl (regulars) they have pings of about 30 but there is one or two with pings of 200+ (that get auto-kicked after 5min)

Now this is rediculous, the game is basically unplayable.
I have re-installed windows and done a fresh install of STEAM/CSS as well as using the base CSS-config (no performance tweaks) and the same thing occurs.

UT2k4 and other games all still have low pings so everything is pointing to STEAM update
anyone have similar problems with possible solutions.

I am connected directly to the broadband modem (no router and it is ethernet connection) equally the probleme exists whether my firewall is enabled or not>?


any idea, no ideas on the STEAM forum!!!!
 
Yeah, I noticed the same issue you just posted. My regular server where I used to ping 20-30, I was getting 80-90 now after the new update with 'enhancements'.

However, just today, everything went back down to where they used to be, I'm totally confused now.
 
eeyrjmr said:
When I connect the majority of ppl (regulars) they have pings of about 30 but there is one or two with pings of 200+ (that get auto-kicked after 5min)

Now this is rediculous, the game is basically unplayable.

I remember playing CS beta 2.0 with 250-300 pings considering that a fast server. :D

Anyone else think that the servers might be having their own troubles due to updates? I'm betting that when you have errors on both ends, you're really going to see the players drop out.
 
Yeah, same thing is happening to me. On servers I'd usually get 100 ping I get anywhere from 100-500 with studdering play/hiccups that makes it unplayable. I have tried the following to fix this:

-Adjusting BIOS to turn off AGP fastwrite/sidebaning
-Updated to nVidia 78.01 VGA drivers
-Updated to nVidia 78.05 beta VGA drivers
-deleted clientregistery.blob
-deleted config and userconfig that I had previously made for fps tweaks
-disabled all windows firewalls
-Updated Windows (Using SP2)
-disabled all anti-virus programs

None of these solutions have worked. I believe that the only thing left to do is to wait for another update from Valve, because I have read many of these same problems/given solutions from people on the steam forums (even to the point were people have uninstalled the game and reformated their pc) with no luck.

Honestly this really sucks...I sure hope Valve fixes this quick.
 
It's a combination of STEAM being overloaded, and the servers being hit from a lot of people joining. Give it a few days, when the CS:S beta was released, same thing happened for 3 days, but it finally went back down to normal latency.
 
Back
Top