Steam 'Treasure Hunt' Sales

My opinion - bob came in pieces is easily the best game in this set. It is borderline worth/enjoyable to play all the way through.

Zombie driver is stupid as hell and Civilization 5 should be a $1 game, what a joke.

Zombie Driver is fun, actually. I enjoyed it long enough to get the achievement, and it's really only $2.50. You can upgrade your car/get new cars. The taxi kind of sucks, because it's the first car you start out with. Each zombie you hit degrades your momentum.

7/10 and now I need to go back in time to get another objective or 2.

Yes. It updated a few minutes after I left a comment. Just be patient.

heh, I thought I was patient. I gave it about 6 hours to update before commenting on here asking. Now that I know it's working for others I need to figure out why it's not working for me...maybe Im reading it wrong.

EDIT: Changed some of my profile settings to public and then posted and it fixed the achievement. So either it doesn't like the private setting I had it on, or it can't see posts unless your profile is public..I have no idea. But something to try if others are having the same problem I was...I had about 6 attempts before the change, and 1 post after profile setting change fixed it.

Last edited:
heh, I thought I was patient. I gave it about 6 hours to update before commenting on here asking. Now that I know it's working for others I need to figure out why it's not working for me...maybe Im reading it wrong.

EDIT: Changed some of my profile settings to public and then posted and it fixed the achievement. So either it doesn't like the private setting I had it on, or it can't see posts unless your profile is public..I have no idea. But something to try if others are having the same problem I was...I had about 6 attempts before the change, and 1 post after profile setting change fixed it.

Thanks for this, I was having the same issue. I had posted on a friend's profile and the achievement never updated. Changed my profile to public, and voila!

Wow, that Beat Hazard acheivement took me about 3 hours...arg...
Bob Came in Pieces took about...10 mins
Zombie Driver took about 15 mins..

i've completed 9 objectives without having to actually do anything. i'm hoping tomorrow's objectives have at least one 'freebie' :D

Thanks to Mr.Coffee at another site for this information...

Coming up for the Holiday Sale:

Indie 2D Pack: Bullet Candy, Galcon Fusion, Geometry Wars, Super Laser Racer, VVVVVV
Indie Adventure Pack: And Yet It Moves, Gish, Jolly Rover, Mr Robot, Samorost2
Indie Beat Pack: Beat Hazard, Bit.Trip Beat, Chime, Rhythm Zone, Turba
Indie Brain Pack: Big Brain Wolf, Diamond Dan, Puzzle Bots, Windowsill, Zen Bound 2
Indie Fantasy Pack: Bob Came in Pieces, Fairie Solitaire, Fortix, NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits, Spectromancer
Indie Flight Pack: Dogfighter, Everyday Shooter, Flotilla, Gratuitious Space Battles, Guns of Icarus
Indie Fright Pack: Burn Zombie Burn, The Path, The Scourge Project, The Void, Zombie Driver
Indie Future Pack: Hacker Evolution, Hammerfight, System Protocol One, Twin Sector, Uplink
Indie Heavy Hitters Pack: Audiosurf, Shattered Horizon, World of Goo, Zeno Clash
Indie Kids Pack: Delve Deeper, Crayon Physics, Max & Magic Marker, Secret of Magic Crystal, Toki Tori
Indie Mix Pack: Cogs, Darwinia, Defcon, Eufloria, Plain Sight
Indie Smart Pack: Droplitz, Lumines, Puzzle Agent, Quantz

Indie P0tato Pack: AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Audiosurf, Bit.Trip Beat, Braid, Cogs, Defense Grid, Killing Floor, Red Orchestra, Super Meat Boy, The Ball, The Wonderful End of the world, Toki Tori

All of these except the P0tat0 Pack should be $5.

Also, there will be discounted Holiday-Sale-only packs of all of Eidos/Square-Enix's games, and all of 2K's games.

If it's true the .......heavy hitters pack would be decent for 5 bucks. I am just getting a little tired of world of goo being in nearly every pack you buy. It'd be different if you got an updated version of it with more content or something but I hate to think how many times I've bought that game now and don't even have one to gift for the achievement.

No idea on other packs. Gratuitous space battles was fun for a couple days, although I was thinking it was gonna be a little different game than auto-battles.

I think Steam needs to start designing their packs where all the often offered indie games are bundled together and call it "In case you don't have yet" bundle/pack.

i've completed 9 objectives without having to actually do anything. i'm hoping tomorrow's objectives have at least one 'freebie' :D
They should, every other "day" has had at least one freebie.

[UPS] Sorce;1036583658 said:
They should, every other "day" has had at least one freebie.

yes sir today's free one is "Suggestive Behavior" - Write a recommendation. i don't need to bother since they included a close-to-free one that i've also completed "Overachiever" - Played at least 15 games or demos since March 2009 (When Steam began recording playtime)

*crosses fingers for 100 free games*

Ug, I was at 9/10 so I downloaded the undergarden demo for the 10th entry. I want the 2 min of my life back, that game was total shit.

I hope there's more than those packs plus 2K and Squeenix otherwise this would be a huge letdown for me. I have most of those pack games already; if Adventure had Recettear like it did a few weeks ago I'd definitely get it for that. Otherwise I'll be passing on the packs but maybe pick up a single title or two (if they discount them individually, hopefully they will).

I did them all, only had to buy a few indie games and RUSE; which isn't bad if you like RTS. Not sure what games I'd get if I won the 100 prize, since there's not many left.

I did them all, only had to buy a few indie games and RUSE; which isn't bad if you like RTS. Not sure what games I'd get if I won the 100 prize, since there's not many left.

Are you kidding me, over 2/3 of these games were terrible. Ruse was the worst. The best games were Magic and Mafia 2. Which is saying something.

Haha, I didn't like Magic; had to buy it. But for some reason RUSE is really fun. I remember playing the demo/beta on steam and not liking it so much. But my favs of the sale so far are: Chime, Beat Hazard, and RUSE. The one today isn't too bad, the Fight Control HD game. Those games I wouldn't have bought otherwise so was kind of cool. I'd also recommend getting Monday Night Combat [buy it now and you'll get access to the beta], it's pretty good. But I've been too busy playing Vietnam :(

Are you kidding me, over 2/3 of these games were terrible. Ruse was the worst. The best games were Magic and Mafia 2. Which is saying something.
The only truly bad game out of all the deals was The UnderGarden in my opinion. The others range from decent to very good.

Yeah I downloaded the demo played it for like twenty seconds and was like :confused: ... not sure the appeal of a flying teletubby. It's just not for me.

Well I have enough to get my 10 for the entry. And not enough even if I complete a few Im missing to get the 15 for another hat unlock...so no point in buying anything I don't remotely want.

Two games I couldn't bring myself to get the achievements on were Metro 2033, I got tired of trying to kill enough of those things to get 30, I probably killed a hundred, just never 30 in a single mission.

And Beat Hazard, it's a decent enough time killing game, but I got up to half a million points once on one play through....and I had over the amount in scoring total just not even close in a single play through. Flashing and strobing like that when you're really tired or very concentrated on something can trigger seizures. And my brother has epilepsy so it's not exactly out of the realm of possibility that someone else in the family could develop it. Just as a warning, there was a guy who was part of the epilepsy support group my brother was in...he was 30-40 some years before he had his first seizure and had epilepsy since. He was flying a cargo plane on a double shift back in the late 80s or early to mid 90s going through clouds with the sun light strobing. Set him into a seizure and he never flew again due to them and had his license restricted when they weren't controlled due to stress or medication not controlling them (have to go like a year seizure free). So.....if you feel weird while driving through sunlight passing through a forested area (sometimes happens to me) or playing games. Don't push it.

The only truly bad game out of all the deals was The UnderGarden in my opinion. The others range from decent to very good.

You didn't have to buy that.

Also Metro 2033 is decent, though I don't care much for that type of story.

I don't understand how people can living with themselves after playing more than a couple hours of Civ 5 or Empire Total War. At least the good that comes out of this is I have no regrets not playing a lot of these games in the past.

One good thing I will say about RUSE is the Cinematics in Full Eyefinity Res - was very enjoyable. That was pretty cool and makes me not upset about wasting money on it unlike Fallout, Civ 5, and Empire. Only thing that made my smile about Empire was the auto-resolve button - you mean I don't have to waste my time marching broken half robots around shooting at other broken half robots? Swwweeeet.

If you disagree I'm sorry but I have to rant to each his own

Last edited:
You didn't have to buy that.
And I didn't.
I don't understand how people can living with themselves after playing more than a couple hours of Civ 5 or Empire Total War. At least the good that comes out of this is I have no regrets not playing a lot of these games in the past.

One good thing I will say about RUSE is the Cinematics in Full Eyefinity Res - was very enjoyable. That was pretty cool and makes me not upset about wasting money on it unlike Fallout, Civ 5, and Empire. Only thing that made my smile about Empire was the auto-resolve button - you mean I don't have to waste my time marching broken half robots around shooting at other broken half robots? Swwweeeet.

If you disagree I'm sorry but I have to rant to each his own
Just because you don't like a particular game or genre doesn't make it bad. All of those games are actually pretty good, even if they aren't your thing.

And I didn't.

Just because you don't like a particular game or genre doesn't make it bad. All of those games are actually pretty good, even if they aren't your thing.

very much agree'd with Zero here. just because you dont care for the games doesnt mean we dont. Civ is an excellent game. Just because I play 10+ hours of WoW per day doesnt mean anything. Its my style of game that I enjoy. Not everyone will think the same

I'll stick to counting sheep

I'm disappointed there was no osmos or amnesia objective.

very much agree'd with Zero here. just because you dont care for the games doesnt mean we dont. Civ is an excellent game. Just because I play 10+ hours of WoW per day doesnt mean anything. Its my style of game that I enjoy. Not everyone will think the same

Yip. I'm not a huge Civ fan (or a fan of the turn based genre), but I won't say it's a BAD game. It's just not high on my list of games to play (plus, when i get the itch, I do have Civ 4 sitting around here somewhere). Also don't like WOW, but that's more just the game than the RPG genre... though I haven't really found an MMO I enjoy more than some of the single player RPGs out there. But again, I wouldn't call it a bad game. I just don't like it.

I'll stick to counting sheep

I'm disappointed there was no osmos or amnesia objective.

Meh, I didn't have to spend a cent to get at least 1 achievement in each set (entering me into each of the 5 game drawings), and well over 10 overall (entering me into the 100 game drawing), so I can't complain. Of course, I already owned Left 4 Dead 2, Metro 2033, and Just Cause 2 (all from previous steam sales), so those added to all the freebies, means I had no need to buy anything new. I can understand a little disappointed if you did have to buy something in order to get your achievements though. There weren't many great deals on good games other than maybe the L4D2 and JC2 deals (I think they were both under 10 bucks).

Looks like you can still do some of the older things and still get the unlock. Was one away from the 10 I needed for the drawing - so downloaded, played, and uninstalled the undergarden game. Was enough, and counted for the drawing tomorrow.

Looks like you can still do some of the older things and still get the unlock. Was one away from the 10 I needed for the drawing - so downloaded, played, and uninstalled the undergarden game. Was enough, and counted for the drawing tomorrow.

Yeah, all the achievements are retroactive for the 100 game drawing. You just needed to do them by the end of the 2 day period to be entered in the 5 game drawing.

Don't forget logging into Steam on the 20th, just keep in mind that VALVe is going off PST.

There weren't many great deals on good games other than maybe the L4D2 and JC2 deals (I think they were both under 10 bucks).
I bought a few of those indie games for a couple bucks. I had that much fun from them, my roommate did too, and some friends ended up buying a few games on their accounts afterwards (after the sale even), too.

Bought Flight Control HD last night (figured $2.49, why not); IMHO the game is pretty fun and definitely worth the $2.49. ;) The achievement on the Beach level was fairly easy; it takes longer to land enough planes on other levels to unlock *that* level than it does to actually land 30whatever planes on that stage. :)

I'll definitely continue playing the game after the promotion's over though....it's pretty fun to me. (almost borderline insane and punishing :D)

Yeah, all the achievements are retroactive for the 100 game drawing. You just needed to do them by the end of the 2 day period to be entered in the 5 game drawing.
... and to take advantage of the discounts.

My daughter loves Undergarden, so I actually bought it. :)

Crapload of sales now on steam, it reads 1030 sales for me lol. Ton of things are 25-33% a few 50% as well.

I just bought mass effect 2, and arma 2 combined ops! Boy today is my day! I just my cr-48 chrome laptop in the mail too! weeeeeeee!

[UPS] Sorce;1036589597 said:
Don't forget logging into Steam on the 20th, just keep in mind that VALVe is going off PST.

mine sitll doesn't show any objectives or having logged in today. does it work for anyone else?

Back