Steam Summer Sale

Obligatory bitch about early access games being listed in the Steam sale... there I've done it, it's out of my system, no further negative comments about it from me :)

since the airline ticket upgrade I thought would cost me $350 turned out to be free I have some discretionary income ... I might have to indulge :)

Obligatory bitch about early access games being listed in the Steam sale... there I've done it, it's out of my system, no further negative comments about it from me :)

If they are actually discounted isn't that a good thing (as long as they are clearly identified on the game page as early access) ... people complaining about paying full price for early access games have some valid arguments ... if you are getting it at a discount that would seem to be what early access pricing should be all about

Hah! Rockstar apparently removed the regular version of GTA5 from steam, so that they wouldn't have to participate in the sale.

Instead they only sell bundled versions "on sale" for the full $60 price. And because it apparently includes things like instantly redeemed in game cash, it also bypasses Steam's new refund policy, making it impossible to request a refund for GTA5 after installing.

Is Wreckfest any good?
The car handling is decent, but more concerning is how long it has been since the last update (http://jaylinski.github.io/wreckfest-counter/)

They are saying there should be a new update this month (link), but I am not holding my breath on that. Honestly you would be better served with Dirt Rally. Feels like a proper game already and they are much better about actually giving you updates on where they are through the blog, providing a timeline on major content releases, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I want Wreckfest to succeed and be the next great "non" Flatout game from Bugbear. I just don't think they are in a position to recommend a sale yet. There isn't enough content or regular updates to warrant a buy suggestion. My two cents.

Hah! Rockstar apparently removed the regular version of GTA5 from steam, so that they wouldn't have to participate in the sale.

Instead they only sell bundled versions "on sale" for the full $60 price. And because it apparently includes things like instantly redeemed in game cash, it also bypasses Steam's new refund policy, making it impossible to request a refund for GTA5 after installing.

it's rockstar being rockstar. The whole shark card thing is really dumb also.

Now THIS pisses me off. Fuck them. I'll wait until it's $8

Can I finally get Divinity Original Sin for less than $20? We'll see.

Ducman69 said:

The stand-alone version is still available. It's not discounted at all though.

gtav.jpg

The stand-alone version is still available. It's not discounted at all though.

gtav.jpg
It wasn't for a long period of time yesterday, though. I think Rockstar just got nervous at all the outrage being posted yesterday and put it back. But people are still pissed because the standalone game isn't discounted.

Back