Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition 75% off
Fallen Enchantress Series 66 - 75% off
Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition 80% off
Batman Arkham City GOTY 75% off
Ace of Spades 75% off
Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword 75% off
Evoland 50% off
Deus Ex: Human Revolution 85% off

I'm actually waiting on Condemned to go on a flash sale or daily deal or something. Played it on Xbox 360 and wanted to play it again, but I don't have a 360 anymore. Good game.

Never played it. Does one have to play the first game to experience the second?

Nope. The first one is hard to play IMO. At the time, it was extremely innovative and complex, but interface and controls don't hold up to the test of time. SS2 with a few mods holds up very well.

Never played it. Does one have to play the first game to experience the second?

Don't need SS1. I got it from Steam and modded up last night. Looks pretty good. Forgot how much BioShock borrowed from this. Really ahead of its time.

i swooped on 3dmark while it was 8$. nice purchase. i was worried my 670s were underperforming but they're killin it.

70% better than everybodies results on Fire Strike Extreme :D

Got today Torchlight 1/2 for 7 euro alltogether. Never played those games and I just miss proper hack'n'slash after D3 disappointment and heard tchem being good'n'proper.

Torn about the Dark Souls... heard the PC conversion from PS3 is way too meh with bad interface and crap graphics.

You're only hurting yourself if you don't get Dark Souls. When you're on your deathbed, you won't be asking if you led a good life, you'll be wondering why you never played Dark Souls. Then your soul will burn in hell.

You're only hurting yourself if you don't get Dark Souls. When you're on your deathbed, you won't be asking if you led a good life, you'll be wondering why you never played Dark Souls. Then your soul will burn in hell.

It says on Steam that a 360 controller is strongly recommended. Do you play with keyboard/mouse?

Dark Souls isn't too much more than a time sink. It's like an offline MMO, except trying to take on raid level bosses by yourself. With your hands tied behind your back.

And that's when using a controller.

Dark Souls isn't too much more than a time sink. It's like an offline MMO, except trying to take on raid level bosses by yourself. With your hands tied behind your back.

And that's when using a controller.

That would all be true if it wasn't not true.

That would all be true if it wasn't not true.

I mean, let's be completely honest, if how I described the game interests you, then I think Dark Souls is probably for you.

I found the combat to be slow, rythmic and needlessly punishing. I don't know how other people see it, but I'd compare the game to the Monster Hunter games. They're obviously different, but I feel they have some similar feels to the combat, although Dark Souls obviously has a much better sense of progress.

And what is your reward of scraping through an area after dying multiple times and finally completeing the area, absolutely drained of supplies and physically drained by the demanding pattern memorization? You get to go to a new area that's even more difficult and do the whole thing again.

I hear these kinds of games require at least a dozen hours to really get into it, but I just feel like I want something that doesn't seem so damn angry at you for trying to play. I didn't care for Ghosts 'N Goblins either, and this is basically the next generation of those games.

I bought and played a little bit of Dark Souls. The engine seems real good, but I stopped playing because of the hideous resolution and rendering. I know there's some kind of fix, but I don't know how compatible it is with the latest Steam version.

Melee combat is just so much more fun/rewarding in Sleeping dogs then the GTA games.

If you like the combat in Sleeping Dogs you should get the Batman Arkham games, it's the exactly same combat system, down to the exactly same controls.

If you like the combat in Sleeping Dogs you should get the Batman Arkham games, it's the exactly same combat system, down to the exactly same controls.

yeah they're identical. although i had way more fun playing sleeping dogs as a whole in comparison the batman.

I would second that recommendation. In fact, the Batman Arkham games' combat is more dynamic, focusing on the timing of the attacks and dynamically animating the combat in a logical flow rather than the time-honored tradition of memorizing specific moves.

Sleeping Dogs was very awesome, and the combat was still miles above what it is in GTA games so far.

I mean, let's be completely honest, if how I described the game interests you, then I think Dark Souls is probably for you.

I found the combat to be slow, rythmic and needlessly punishing. I don't know how other people see it, but I'd compare the game to the Monster Hunter games. They're obviously different, but I feel they have some similar feels to the combat, although Dark Souls obviously has a much better sense of progress.

And what is your reward of scraping through an area after dying multiple times and finally completeing the area, absolutely drained of supplies and physically drained by the demanding pattern memorization? You get to go to a new area that's even more difficult and do the whole thing again.

I hear these kinds of games require at least a dozen hours to really get into it, but I just feel like I want something that doesn't seem so damn angry at you for trying to play. I didn't care for Ghosts 'N Goblins either, and this is basically the next generation of those games.

Why would you preface this post with, "let's be completely honest", then follow it up with nothing but conjecture? I had a much different experience with the game.

There are probably 10 people in the world that played this game and didn't like it. All 10 of you also hate puppies. Odd, knowing that almost all puppies are cute.

Why would you preface this post with, "let's be completely honest", then follow it up with nothing but conjecture? I had a much different experience with the game.

There are probably 10 people in the world that played this game and didn't like it. All 10 of you also hate puppies. Odd, knowing that almost all puppies are cute.

What conjecture? I did play the damn game. And go ahead and point out what it is that I've said that is false. Go right ahead.

I don't hate puppies at all. My corgi puppy would be proof of that.

What conjecture? I did play the damn game. And go ahead and point out what it is that I've said that is false. Go right ahead.

hehe corgi...

Yea, I already have both Batman: AA/AC, great games. That's why I enjoy the combat in sleeping dogs more then GTA's barebones system.

OK. The combat is what you make of it. It doesn't need to be slow. Each weapon has its own moveset. There are really fast weapons, there are really slow weapons, there are weapons everywhere in between. You can beat the game without needing weapons, and without leveling your character at all.

It's punishing only if you don't learn quickly. Ghosts and Goblins is always punishing. There are no-win scenarios in the latter, never in the former. Dark Souls has much more in common with Zelda than it does G&G.

Plus, your corgi says you are mean.

OK. The combat is what you make of it. It doesn't need to be slow. Each weapon has its own moveset. There are really fast weapons, there are really slow weapons, there are weapons everywhere in between. You can beat the game without needing weapons, and without leveling your character at all.

It's punishing only if you don't learn quickly. Ghosts and Goblins is always punishing. There are no-win scenarios in the latter, never in the former. Dark Souls has much more in common with Zelda than it does G&G.

Plus, your corgi says you are mean.

I actually meant the level of frustration in the levels of Ghost and Goblins is what is comparable to Dark Souls. I think Dark Souls is a little closer to Monster Hunter than Zelda, and I wasn't very attracted to the gameplay in that game either. It punishes you when you don't time correctly to a high degree, and I find that it discourages experimentation.

And my corgi is just saying that because she was spayed a few days ago.

Eh, there are tons of different playstyles. I'd say experimentation is encouraged, but there is still risk involved.

I bought and played a little bit of Dark Souls. The engine seems real good, but I stopped playing because of the hideous resolution and rendering. I know there's some kind of fix, but I don't know how compatible it is with the latest Steam version.

Can I direct your attention to this thread?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488240

No need to worry about versions.

Yep. Corgis are awesome. She's part sheltie too, but mostly looks like a corgi with slightly longer legs and a little longer snout.

Sorry to thread jack, but I have one purebread corgi and a corgi sheltie mix as well. Continue discussion....

I have no money left. Was only able to get Strike Suit Zero's two DLCs and GRID 1 (trades actually). Not enough enough for the cheap Deus Ex HR Explosive Mission pack. :p

What I would recommend:

- Deus Ex Human Revolution and all DLCs. I have played through them all aside from the Explosive Mission pack which I don't have. Superb game story and gameplay wise.

- Alan Wake + American Nightmare. Nice story, fun game, great graphics.

- Sleeping Dogs. Looks like a lot of people got this game. Controls can lag and it gives me terrible frame rates for its looks, but it is a good game. DLC seems over priced, but it is on sale for 75% to. I would just look for the story based DLC and skip the uniforms and whatnot.

- Just Cause 2. Some bugs, horrible physics for vehicles, but it can still be fun. If it comes back on sale for $3 it is worth it.

- Strike Suit Zero + DLC. Basic, but solid space shooter.

Anyone know the deal with Anno 2070? The graphics look great and I love city builders.

$15 is a bit steep for these sales though.

Anno 2070 is a pretty damn good game, well worth it imo.

Just remember though, it's Ubisoft and thus uplay.

Back