Steam sale has begun! 1 PM EST 11/23!

We need one more person for a Renegade OPS four pack! Please chime in here. Only a couple of hours left before the sale on this game ends!

New Vegas is definitely a cheaty 5 dollar shen fest. (I hated parts of the game. but I'm buying it for shens. )

And if you don't own VVVVVV yet, NOW is the time, buck fitty.

Is L.A. Noire still crap on the PC? I loved Heavy Rain, and I'd like to play this game. But if it's really that awful of a port then forget it, I'll borrow my brothers copy of it over Christmas on the Xbox.

Dammit, I bought FO:NV for 9.99 yesterday...

That's annoying that they would put it on sale and then drop the price even more... >_>

What's your damage been like?
Mine is already $80 in 1 day between Amazon and Steam
Let there be no more deals please.

Waiting for deal on Skyrim, Driver, Gattling Gears, Limbo, Saints Row 3 and Serious Sam 3. That is it for this year.

That's annoying that they would put it on sale and then drop the price even more... >_>
I hope that they will do just that for Portal, at $10 is was kind of meh, holding out for $5.

That's why you always wait til the last day of the sale to buy a game unless it's a daily special.

What's your damage been like?
Mine is already $80 in 1 day between Amazon and Steam
Let there be no more deals please.

Waiting for deal on Skyrim, Driver, Gattling Gears, Limbo, Saints Row 3 and Serious Sam 3. That is it for this year.

While I'm hoping for a deal on skyrim I don't expect to see one. Look a the top sellers list, Skryim is still in there while everything else is on sale

Is L.A. Noire still crap on the PC? I loved Heavy Rain, and I'd like to play this game. But if it's really that awful of a port then forget it, I'll borrow my brothers copy of it over Christmas on the Xbox.

Borrow it.

I've been waiting a year for Fallout:NV to fall to this price. In for $5.

Is LA Noire with $25?

Taken from a response on Reddit to this exact question.

"I don't think it's even worth your time, I bought the game for full price at launch and did not enjoy it. The gameplay was awful, you spent most of your time looking for clues which involved tediously walking around every possible space in the room waiting for the clue sound to play. You would then pick up the clue, sometimes it would it would be relevant to the case but a lot of the time it was a piece of inconsequential litter which you would chuck back on the floor. There was no way to speed this process up either, I suppose you could have pushed your suspects with out collecting much evidence but then what is the point in playing the game if you trying to hurry through it?
I had mixed feelings about the interview process, it's certainly interesting but I am useless at reading people's expressions. If a character is answering bluntly and aggressively is that because they are offended the police are questioning their innocence or are they guilty and being ultra defensive about it? As a result I guessed incorrectly almost half the time yet I still managed to complete every case because the game won't allow you to mess up. I guess I can't really fault the mechanic just because I wasn't good at it, however the game was so forgiving that there was no urge to put any effort into working the cases.
It's a shame because I was actually curious to see where each case went but the story was constantly obscured by the ridiculous gameplay. It's as if you were trying to read a book where every page is a jigsaw puzzle which serves only to slow down your enjoyment."

Damn, just paid 20 for New vegas a few days before skyrim dropped. The DLC is super cheap now at $2.50 a piece, but I'm a bit worried about the linearity of them. Anyone who's played the DLC want to weigh in?

Damn, just paid 20 for New vegas a few days before skyrim dropped. The DLC is super cheap now at $2.50 a piece, but I'm a bit worried about the linearity of them. Anyone who's played the DLC want to weigh in?

Haven't played Lonesome Road yet, but I thought Old World Blues was better than Honest Hearts, which was better than Dead Money, so hopefully that will continue. I'll be buying it and the Gun Runners Arsenal later.

But Old World Blues is quite good, I really liked the writing for it and characters. It and Honest Hearts are more open, somewhat like a new mini area to the game similar to Point Lookout for FO3. Dead Money is more linear and smaller, similar to The Pitt in terms of style, and goes for more a survival/horror type feel.

Taken from a response on Reddit to this exact question.

"I don't think it's even worth your time, I bought the game for full price at launch and did not enjoy it. The gameplay was awful, you spent most of your time looking for clues which involved tediously walking around every possible space in the room waiting for the clue sound to play. You would then pick up the clue, sometimes it would it would be relevant to the case but a lot of the time it was a piece of inconsequential litter which you would chuck back on the floor. There was no way to speed this process up either, I suppose you could have pushed your suspects with out collecting much evidence but then what is the point in playing the game if you trying to hurry through it?
I had mixed feelings about the interview process, it's certainly interesting but I am useless at reading people's expressions. If a character is answering bluntly and aggressively is that because they are offended the police are questioning their innocence or are they guilty and being ultra defensive about it? As a result I guessed incorrectly almost half the time yet I still managed to complete every case because the game won't allow you to mess up. I guess I can't really fault the mechanic just because I wasn't good at it, however the game was so forgiving that there was no urge to put any effort into working the cases.
It's a shame because I was actually curious to see where each case went but the story was constantly obscured by the ridiculous gameplay. It's as if you were trying to read a book where every page is a jigsaw puzzle which serves only to slow down your enjoyment."

Thanks! Guess I'll skip, not seeing a lot of love for this game.

Been waiting for a while for some of this stuff to come down in price, picked these up yesterday on the sale

Mass Effect
4.99 USD​
Mass Effect 2 - Digital Deluxe
7.49 USD​
Duke Nukem Forever
6.79 USD​
Orcs Must Die!
3.74 USD​
Orcs Must Die! - Artifacts of Power DLC
0.62 USD​
Portal 2
10.19 USD​
Orcs Must Die! - Lost Adventures DLC
0.99 USD​
Subtotal
34.81 USD​
Tax
0.00 USD​
Total
34.81 USD

Then seen Fallout: New Vegas for $5 and was like :eek:

Fallout: New Vegas
4.99 USD
Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money
2.49 USD
Fallout New Vegas: Gun Runners' Arsenal
0.99 USD
Fallout New Vegas: Lonesome Road DLC
2.49 USD
Fallout New Vegas: Old World Blues DLC
2.49 USD
Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts DLC
2.49 USD
Fallout New Vegas: Courier's Stash
0.49 USD
Subtotal
16.43 USD
Tax
0.00 USD
Total
16.43 USD

Just wish they would make a good borderlands sale sometime over the holidays, been wanting to play it since this time last year but its slow to come down

Also seen rift on there for $7.49 is it worth playing?

Just wish they would make a good borderlands sale sometime over the holidays, been wanting to play it since this time last year but its slow to come down

Also seen rift on there for $7.49 is it worth playing?

Keep in mind that Borderlands is pretty boring as a SP, but supposed to be great in co-op mode (I have personally never played co-op).

If I am not mistaken, there is a monthly fee for RIFT, so IMO, no, it is not worth it unless you don't mind paying (...I do).

If Stalker Call of Pripyat goes on sale, I highly recommend it. I got it for $4.99 a while back on Steam and I am loving it. It is kinda a FPS/RPG hybrid.

Just a little heads-up -- for those who missed the Orcs Must Die offer yesterday on Steam you can still grab it on GamersGate for €3.50/$3.75.

I'm pretty tempted by Deus Ex, but I won't be able to play it until February at the earliest and I'm betting on there being good deals between now and then.

Serious Sam Double Pack (1 & 2 HD remixes) - £2.19

Can't go wrong with that.

I'm on the fence about getting the DLCs for Deus Ex... The Missing Link should have been in the game to start with.

I wanted Space Marines to go one sale but €33.49 is not discounted enough for me to bite.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that Borderlands is pretty boring as a SP, but supposed to be great in co-op mode (I have personally never played co-op).

If Stalker Call of Pripyat goes on sale, I highly recommend it. I got it for $4.99 a while back on Steam and I am loving it. It is kinda a FPS/RPG hybrid.

Borderlands is definitely an FPS/RPG hybrid, and it's not boring.

Co-op doesn't take the game from boring to great, especially if he would be in a public group. It's worth a Steam-sale buy for SP, and tooling around is fun (i.e. driving, provoking random mobs, using weaker weapons and grenades for their mods or elements). I doubt a group wants to freeplay.

It's entertaining just to bend the usual rules of FPS gaming: fast sniper rifle with 9 round clips for a soldier, life-stealing grenades, roadkill, phasewalk

If I am not mistaken, there is a monthly fee for RIFT, so IMO, no, it is not worth it unless you don't mind paying (...I do).

Just picked up both stalkers for 17.49 a few min ago, one of the ones I was wanting but forgot about :eek:

Also I don't think I can stomach rift after looking into it, 7 years of wow plus betas... I've had enough of mmos lol

The 11/25 sale is so underwhelming that it's almost brought me to tears. This is supposed to be THE shopping day of the year and what do they do? Most games are a crappy 33% off. I expected the entire catalog to be 50% off with some games providing deeper discounts.

I know that some of it is not Valve's fault since the publishers didn't allow for deeper discounts but still.

So I vote with my wallet and wait for the titles I want to end up at lower prices. If I have to wait till next year that's fine too, plenty of stuff to play till then.

Space Pirates and Zombies is 50% off, definitely going to get that. Was waiting to see if it would be a daily deal, but one of the devs said via reddit that it wasn't going to be. So feel safe in getting it now.

Back