Steam Quakecon Pack

Which thread did you find it in?

This one: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299933&page=28
It does look like the people who were "advertising" their intentions to purchase for other forumers have been taken down, but PM me if you want the user name who hooked me up.

You can buy the pack as a "gift" but what the previous poster means is that if you buy the pack and already have some of the games in the pack, they will not become "extra giftable copies". You must specifically buy the pack as a gift in order to be able to gift it.

i totally understood what he meant. i guess i posted kind of strangely as my intention at the time was to explain to him what i meant in MY previous post by giving him an example.

Here's the quake rocket launcher item for tf2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XqtiZfp4Ns

THAT is AWESOME.

Brink uses the Doom 3 engine, ouch!

in Brink's defense, i must say that it looks pretty damn good! i personally am enjoying the art style and the colors in the game. furthermore, i am enjoying the game more than i expected from all the negative feedback. sure, the enemies are bullet spongy and it is especially tough when you are starting a new character without and abilities. but, the more i've been playing, the more it's growing on me and when you do play in a heated match with some decently competent players, it's a ton of fun.

I had to buy the pack for $39 its a Bargain, I got Doom 3 and Quake 4 up and running with a little Config tweaking and im happy!

I ended up biting on the pack with a Rage preorder. The only game I actually have out of it was Quake 4, and to be honest, I'm not quite sure where my discs are anyway. Should be fun to play through all of these again...

If anyone can get the price for 40 and will do it for 45, send me a pm please.

I'm still waiting, lol. I don't think anyone on H has bought both games yet. I'm not interested in joining another forum just for the pack.

ok thats $30 bucks so far... nobody wants to do it? lol

edit: including aznpotpie, thats $35 bucks someone can recoup from the pre ordered games.

Last edited:
alright just did a deal with VanillaCena and got the whole pack for $45 GIFTED.

smooth transaction, so PM him if you want the pack, do it soon before the deal ENDS!

LOL i bought the Pack and tried BRINK, Worst game to come out on PC that i can remember. What a POS! I bought the pack for all he other games really. I got Quake 4 and Doom 3 running sweet in Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit so im not gonna complain. Fallout 3 is awesome, great pack.

This is one hell of a deal.

What deal are you talking about? A bunch of old id games in an overpriced pack that will be cheaper at the next real Steam sale, or the meaningless discount if you pre-order a PC game for a higher than normal price ($60) instead of the more expected practice of pre-orders being at a discount below the $50 new PC game selling price? Neither one is good.

What deal are you talking about? A bunch of old id games in an overpriced pack that will be cheaper at the next real Steam sale, or the meaningless discount if you pre-order a PC game for a higher than normal price ($60) instead of the more expected practice of pre-orders being at a discount below the $50 new PC game selling price? Neither one is good.

I agree.

For someone who never played Fallout 3, should I start with New Vegas or not?

I agree.

For someone who never played Fallout 3, should I start with New Vegas or not?

I do believe that they have no continuity between the two. I have New Vegas and skipped the first 2 dlc, just picked up Old World Blues today. Remember to pick up some mods from NewVegasNesus if you get New Vegas.

edit: If you get Fallout3 there is Fallout3Nexus

alright just did a deal with VanillaCena and got the whole pack for $45 GIFTED.

smooth transaction, so PM him if you want the pack, do it soon before the deal ENDS!

I PMed him a while ago, no response, anyone else know someone willing to gift a set?

No deal on Quake 4 and I already own the Id soft pack from a prior xmas sale :-(

VanillaCena replied to me and I'm waiting for my code now suggest you go that route.

Wow so many games. Should I just go ahead and by the quakecon pack?

EDIT: I caved in, I got it.

Last edited:
As much as I support id, I'm not buying two $60 titles in order to save several bucks on the id pack. I already own half the games in the pack, steam needs to let people gift games that they own dups of.

Ill wait for a better deal, when rage and skyrim are $40.

If they where $40 today, id HEAVILY consider buying them. Since not... I will likely look for a tor release.

As much as I support id, I'm not buying two $60 titles in order to save several bucks on the id pack. I already own half the games in the pack, steam needs to let people gift games that they own dups of.

Ill wait for a better deal, when rage and skyrim are $40.

If they where $40 today, id HEAVILY consider buying them. Since not... I will likely look for a tor release.

Wow really? Am I reading correctly.. just because they aren't $40 you're going to pirate it?

Wow really? Am I reading correctly.. just because they aren't $40 you're going to pirate it?
SP games have no upper hand vs torrents. Only MP games do. So there needs to be some sort of incentive to bring in paying customers.

Not so long ago B&M stores would sell new games on release day for $40. Now days its $60 and a free hat :rolleyes:

I have not forgotten the days of $40 release title games. I am aware that there is no benefit besides worthless achievements for paying for a game vs obtaining it by other means.

Will I personally pirate it? I doubt it. I have too many other game son my plate right now. I will more likely purchase the game when it hits the price bracket that I agree with.

FYI most games that I pirate I end up purchasing anyways. I don't purchase many games if any without first trying it. No demo is basically telling the customer to pirate it first. No real difference IMO from playing it at a friends house first to see if you enjoy it.

I'd be in for the QuakeCon pack at $45. I've sent some PM's out, but my id is ******** if someone else is willing to do it.

edit: Thanks VanillaCena - chalk me up as another happy customer!

Last edited:
Back