Steam problem*This game is currently unavailable.

dwilson041781

[H]ard|Gawd
Please try again at a later time...WTF!!!

Ive deleted the clientregistry.blob like suggested and done the check integrity of game cache and even uninstalled steam then reinstalled and it fixed problem, but then it popped up again later...any suggestions/ideas?

Sounds like the servers that distribute the game are unavailable, but what do I know?

If you have it installed locally and are just trying to run it, that's a big wtf. I'd try googling the error and see what kind of results get returned. At the very least, it's sure to provide some insight.

I have only noticed this problem when running steam within wine on linux. In that case I have to kill all steam related processes before restarting steam.

I thought it was only CS source, but got the message today when I attempted to play DOD source, Ive googled and came up with a steam forum addressing the issue, but everything they suggested I have done, Im gonna check again maybe its updated.

Just wanted to check here, know alot of steam gamers here and may have come across the same problem.

This happened to me lastnight actually. It turned out my internet connection was messed up. Once I reset the connection/adapter through Vista's network "Diagnose/Repair" function everything was ok.

I think that might be a general error message though.

I've gotten this in the past, although it was a lot worse. Steam would randomly crash, games would be unavailable, and my games wouldn't access the master server listings. The worst part was that steam would kill my internet connection. To this day, I can't figure out why it did all those weird things.

Anyway, this may be a bit extreme if you have a lot of games installed, but you could try deleting everything steam related and get a fresh install. Thats what fixed it for me.

I got that error message once when trying to start up TrackMania United Forever, but restarting the computer seemed to fix the issue.

Back