Steam, Origin DDoSed?

These attacks are usually by young men, who are tech heads, which gaming often overlaps.
What big companies come to mind when trying to extort money to such minds?
EA has personally done a lot of shady things, so I can see more justification for these sorts to attack this company.
Steam is just the big boy on the block.

These attacks are usually by young men, who are tech heads, which gaming often overlaps.
What big companies come to mind when trying to extort money to such minds?
EA has personally done a lot of shady things, so I can see more justification for these sorts to attack this company.
Steam is just the big boy on the block.

We should be careful about justifying these types of attacks ... these sorts of disruptions are just a form of vandalism (and apparently in this case some profiteering on the hacker side as well) ... although I have some valid complaints with EA I wouldn't condone vandalism as the preferred method for addressing those complaints ... I guess I don't really get behind this don't get mad, get even approach (I'd rather get mad and pursue non-violent solutions) ... and yes, vandalism is violence (even when it is the virtual kind) :cool:

Yuplay > Steam & Origin.

I'm guessing this must be an inflammatory remark. I've never heard of Yuplay before and when I googled it I was immediately hit with several articles of how bad it is or whether it's still around.

Ahh, so what due diligence would you suggest Damicatz?

Secure your computer and check regularly for security breaches or take it to someone who can.

It is no different than a car : If, through a lack of proper maintenance, your car looses a wheel on the highway and you cause a pileup, you are responsible. I see computers as no different.

Secure your computer and check regularly for security breaches or take it to someone who can.

It is no different than a car : If, through a lack of proper maintenance, your car looses a wheel on the highway and you cause a pileup, you are responsible. I see computers as no different.

Sounds like hundreds of thousands of the elderly are going to end up in prison if you have your way. :rolleyes: I think sticking to catching the people infecting the computers is more important, but that's just my opinion.

Aaaaaand dumbfuck of the day award goes toooooo

*drumroll*

DAMICATZ

Because Steam is being DDoSed by computers that have been compromised. The owners of those computers should be held liable for failure to properly maintain and secure their computers.

Hmm, steam being down causes a lot of deaths eh?

Except your analogy is flawed as their is a 3rd party directly responsible for the situation.

If a bunch of hooligans loosen the lug nuts on your tires and you go driving and loose a wheel on the high way and cause a pileup, you are responsible... right :rolleyes:

It's just a bunch of script-kiddies and DDoS program(s); probably aggravated that the Steam sales this year were a bit of a let down.

People that do that sort of thing (bomb servers to the point of them either shutting down or going at a snail's pace) should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Trouble is finding the SOB's...

Because Steam is being DDoSed by computers that have been compromised. The owners of those computers should be held liable for failure to properly maintain and secure their computers.

Yeah, let's get the government who cannot properly program a website to jump right on that. :rolleyes:

That's like saying I can hold teachers responsible for giving a future serial killer the skills to get a good paying job that he used to fund a sound proof murder room in his basement

You need a Gulag-like workers camp, a Foxconn of the US, to put children like the ones responsible for this into. They won't be of any other use to mankind.

Except your analogy is flawed as their is a 3rd party directly responsible for the situation.

If a bunch of hooligans loosen the lug nuts on your tires and you go driving and loose a wheel on the high way and cause a pileup, you are responsible... right :rolleyes:

If I am negligent in securing my car from criminals, then yes, that is my fault. Now, if I took steps to secure it, and they still managed to do it, then I wouldn't be responsible. I also do a pretrip check before I drive my car.

Kids are back in school after Christmas break, problem solved.

Back