Steam Next Fest - demo week 2/5/24-2/12/24

Soulmask for survival genre isn't too bad. UI is kinda wonky though.

Not tried yet:
Homeworld 3 demo is out.

Stormgate is an rts game that claims its the next gen of the genre but seems a lot like Warcraft3.

Backrooms for the co-op horror genre.

LOL I duno it's like Vermintide but I can't find a group the combat is really slow good graphics but the lobby system is weird.

Has anyone given 9 bit Armies a try? It looks like a pretty cool old school RTS.

This game has been making some waves. No, not Palworld.

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1670780/Out_of_Action/

View: https://youtu.be/brNjYktaWmw?si=_UNH-_4mfD_oJEoW

It definitely needs more content (coming) but the gameplay and unique ideas are looking great so far.

I definitely like the look of it, but will need to check the controls when I have more time. Some modern habits like expecting auto reload will be tough to break, but I didn't notice if the pistol locked back when empty. I picked a weapon up, but mousewheel didn't switch and neither did pressing 1. Again may be stuff in the config, but just fired it up real quick.

Last edited:
I definitely like the look of it, but will need to check the controls when I have more time. Some modern habits like expecting auto reload will be tough to break, but I didn't notice if the pistol locked back when empty. I picked a weapon up, but mousewheel didn't switch and neither did pressing 1. Again may be stuff in the config, but just fired it up real quick.

Yeah, movement is definately different or wonky. Weapon switching was just number keys. Takes getting used to it. Not sure I'm a big fan of the stealth bots but this game is Ghost in the Shell FPS style. 10/10 for the looks. 6/10 on controls and the moment. Worth checking out if one has any interest in the genre.

Edit to add: Just tried Millenia. A decent 4x game so far. 60 turns is about an hour. Hex based, looks to be multiple units in an army depending on tech/era. I didn't get to try out diplomacy beside setting up an envoy. Barbarians are annoying. Decent potential except that it is a Paradox published game so figure on lots of dlc.

Last edited:
Pacific Drive has potential to be another subnautica type survival game. Performance isn't great but ran fine overall. Story concept is cool but the UI is...well a bit overwhelming. Not a fan of inventory tetris space management either when it comes to survival games.

Back