Steam Majesty 2 Daily Deal - $3.49

requiem99

Supreme [H]ardness
http://store.steampowered.com/app/25980/

WARNING!!! DO NOT BUY THIS!!! It is a very poor value, it's a tedious game, and without the other parts of the game which are not included it contains practically no content.

I'm a huge Majesty fan, and I've played both games absolutely to death. Majesty 2 is a SLOG. It's fun for an hour or two at most, but once you've played it an hour or two you've seen everything the game has to offer. Its so tedious it pains me, and the multiplayer is a lagalicious crapfest. I've got it permanently uninstalled and filed in my steam "Games that Completely Suck Ass" category... and I own the entire 4-part shebang. A real stinker that I tried desperately to like. :eek:

Majesty 1 is still a total blast.

edit: if you must own this game, buy the Majesty Anthology version, which contains everything. Majesty 1 + exp, Maj 2 + all exp, and has NO DRM WHATSOEVER. It is not available on Steam.

Last edited:
Really? I loved the game. I could never beat the final one though... and maybe the one before that as well.

But I don't want to get this .. if only it included the expansions.

The only way I can see someone loving this game is if they somehow missed the original. It lacks in every department compared to the original. Bland, charmless, tedious missions that all involve -identical- strategies whereas in the first game you could beat most missions with a wide variety of strategies, horrible HORRIBLE dialog (same voice actor playing Sean Imitatory but now he has the worst lines penned by a writer anywhere, ever), and multiplayer has all those crippling technical problems. This just scratches the surface of a horrible sequel. Tropico 3 was a classic recreated as a paradise. Majesty 2 is a name driven into the muddy wasteland. I've spent nearly 30 hours with Majesty 2 and well over ten times that with the original, so I should fucking know. :eek:

oh and I should probably add another series that was remade (also published by 1C) but was remade even better than the original: King's Bounty. I can't recommend those games highly enough. If you love Heroes of Might and Magic (and consider HOMM3 the best, as all true HOMM fans do) then King's Bounty and all of its expansions will be your greatest discovery in PC gaming.

If all you are going to do is shit on a game don't post a deal about it. This section is for deals not for you to bitch.

It's here for deals and discussion of the deal's value. I rarely post a deal with a negative slant, but I happen to think this deal is a ripoff.

It's a free country, you can take it or leave it, and if you don't like my opinion, just leave it.

It's here for deals and discussion of the deal's value. I rarely post a deal with a negative slant, but I happen to think this deal is a ripoff.

It's a free country, you can take it or leave it, and if you don't like my opinion, just leave it.

+1...

+2 ...

You're ranting. It's one thing to say "hey I think this game sucks, you probably shouldn't buy it" then explain from there when needed. You went off on a tangent after that.

Thanks. I almost bought this today. looked alright from the video preview. I can now afford another red bull.

You're ranting. It's one thing to say "hey I think this game sucks, you probably shouldn't buy it" then explain from there when needed. You went off on a tangent after that.

IT is a forum and steam is notorious for posting 'deals', almost every day of mediocre content. I think OP clearly did not state it just sucked, as always it is good to backup why the game holds it's level of 'suckith'. OP did this...

PHP:
Forum:  an assembly, for the discussion of questions of public interest.

Just as others in this forum derank a Hot Deal to a Cold deal, OP pointed out a COLD deal.

Back