Steam Lunar Sale (Feb 4-11)

delita

[H]ard|Gawd
Was surprised to not see a thread about this already. Just wanted to post it so we could discuss any potential good buys on this one - definitely kind of strange with the token system they've implemented for the sale.

What about mega man 11 for 23? Will it ever drop to 15 or less within a yr? If not then I'll prob bite. Also curse of the moon is 6 bux? I got a coupon if I spend more than 30 i get 5 off. Was hoping re2 remake was on sale but nope still 60.

Can't decide if I want Far Cry 5 or not. Seems to be pretty split on the reviews. Would've never even considered it at anywhere near retail but $15 isn't bad.

So does this $5 off your first purchase of $30 or more only mean its basically for new steam accounts or is it anyones first lunar new year purchase I don't get it, its unclear and how will we know if its applying.

Can't decide if I want Far Cry 5 or not. Seems to be pretty split on the reviews. Would've never even considered it at anywhere near retail but $15 isn't bad.

I'm enjoying it so far.
I've heard complaints about the endings but I'm enjoying it more for the gameplay versus the story.
I'm cooping it with my wife and we're having a lot of fun.

So does this $5 off your first purchase of $30 or more only mean its basically for new steam accounts or is it anyones first lunar new year purchase I don't get it, its unclear and how will we know if its applying.

It’s for all accounts (or so I assume since my account is from 2006) and it shows you at checkout when it is applied.

I picked up the Stalker franchise for 12 bucks. Still impressed how good it looks for a 2007 game.

I don't feel any need to spend $30 on this sale. None of the big games I've had my eyes on were on any kind of sale.

Last edited:
I see nothing, that strikes me as a deal, or it's stuff I already have. Got a new badge.....

Naw its amazing as far as FarCry goes, best one yet if youre into open exploration style FPS games. I literally went through and beat FarCry 3-5 over like a month I think. Think GTA/Stalker if you havent played the newer ones. I had two complaints overall

1. Theres an innumeral amounts of guns and vehicles to unlock but I felt like once I got one rifle and vehicle I liked there was very little incentive to put in the work to unlock more I think they could have made upgrades and unlocks more organic.

2. The storyline is a bit of a copout on the cult advertised in the trailers. Your mileage may vary but I felt like at a certain story point in game they suddenly switch gears and distance themselves from outright parodying christian evangelicals. It feels like somebody at Ubisoft was like "oh oh no we might really offend somebody at this point" and the ending suffers for it.

No real complaints passed that. Theres a hilarious bug in the game Deer and other bigger creatures will straight up survive multiple hits from a vehicle going 60mph. At first its annoying, but after a while it gets kinda laugh out loud funny.

Regardless, best FarCry so far, I'm chomping at the bit to play New Dawn? I think thats the one coming out in a few weeks.

I lived in Montana for 7 years and I gotta say it really is as beautiful and terrible as it is in the game. They really did it justice. The Montana tourism website has actually started advertising places to visit that are like Hope County(fictional ingame setting).

Last edited:
Steam sales are underwhelming anymore. Not surprised at the level of enthusiasm here about it

Steam sales are underwhelming anymore. Not surprised at the level of enthusiasm here about it

One of my "issues" is that if I'm interested in a game I usually buy it at launch for full price so sales on those are useless and the 10 year old games that are on sale again I already have, suppose that's the same for a whole lot more people.

Then there are some games I will buy if they drop low enough, which might never happen, but so be it, it's not like I have enough time to play all the games I currently own, and this year there will actually be some games coming I want like the division 2, rage 2, doom eternal.

Ughhhh...... I bought Caribbean Sail..... In minutes I go hungry and die of Typhus, Worst 5.99 I ever spent..... I just want to see New York in my sloop dammit!!

Noone responded how is megaman 11@23 and bloodstained curse of the moon four 6? Wondering if either will drop lower I'm never in a rush to buy games at full price bc my backlog is insane so I wait for the big sales!

Back