Steam: Jedi Knight Collection Available

Just picked it up a few minutes ago. Won't have a chance to play anything until later though.

Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight was the first game I played online. Played it for months, joined a clan and everything. Who's up for a game?? :D

Nice deal, I used to love the Jedi Knight games, specially the multiplayer at lan parties!

I already own all these games CDs (and still have them readily available) but decided to go ahead and get them on Steam simply for the convenience of being able to play without a disc in the drive. And also to encourage Lucas Arts to continue the franchise. Dark Forces 2 and Jedi Outcast both blew my mind when they were first released.

It really is a great move by Lucasarts to be doing this. Not only are these games now readily available and almost all of them are really well priced, but they still get revenue for it since 90% of these games you could only buy used from Ebay.

Well played Lucasarts.

Great games. The first 'modern' multiplayer FPS, IMO. And a hell of a lot of fun at that.

Lots of great memories of playing a majority of these games. I especially loved the player modding and custom maps, etc. that people were creating for the later games too. Lots of fun stuff! Glad to see Lucasarts is growing a pair and understanding there's still a lot of people out there that demand these kinds of games, and I hope they get the message that more are wanted as well.

Oh shit, I am totally getting this. LOVED Dark Forces, and though I never really played Jedi Outcast I know it is loved. This is freakin' sweet, thanks for posting it!

So that everyone who wants to play Jedi Knight 1, I got it running, but it took some tweaking in the Nvidia Control Panel. You might have to do the same for ATI cards as well. I followed this post:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=186129

Basically, just make sure Anisotropic filtering, AA, AA transparency, and conformant texture clamp are all off. 3D acceleration works now for me, and looks decent. The game didn't age very well... but it's still a good game.

I waited years for Jedi Knight Outcast and it was such a huge letdown when it finally came out. I farking loved Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 in every way back in 1998.

I hate how LucasArts has ruined some of the best games franchises.

I loved how they took such a badass Kyle Katarn from the first two games and then made him into the dorkiest lamest 3D model that looks like a Lucasarts Employee rather than an action hero.

The guy looks like he weighs 130 lbs and has the goatee and hairstyle and demeanor of random IT guy.

I remember the JEdi Knight 2 demo was solid and then teh actual game not so much.

Back