Steam Halloween Sale 2011

in for the stalker bundle, i heard it was good, but never got around to buying it and at that price i cant say no, haha

From what I've read of the thread, I saw no mention of the Ghostbusters game! for $2.49 its well worth the few hours it takes to play through it. The voice acting is done by all of the original actors and the creative rights for the franchise are obviously still in the hands of Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd (Egon and Ray, respectively). I very much enjoyed it being a fan of the movies (and even the cartoon as a child)

This and Amnesia are the only two I picked up this sale (had most of the other hot items anyway). Ghost Busters was a lotta fun and definately worth $2.49 if you liked the movies at all.

I bought Dead Space 1 and 2 about a month ago. I haven't finished the first one yet but it's still a great game, achievements or not.

Steam being a DRM aside, SecuROM is only present on the retail copies of Dead Space; the Steam and Impulse versions do not include it.

ok. i did not know this. thanks.

I think achievements are a bit childish and ruin a game like Dead Space anyway.

i disagree. i'm not talking about the 'zomg kill 10 critterz' type. if done correctly, it could have offered more incentive/greater replayability due to different challenges a person could strive to attain (for what is an otherwise short game- specifically ds2).

edit: i bought it anyway. the main issue was that nasty SecuROM. the achievements would have been a nice bonus/motivation to play it many times. which i probably still will do anyway on the harder difficulty settings etc :p

Last edited:

i disagree. i'm not talking about the 'zomg kill 10 critterz' type. if done correctly, it could have offered more incentive/greater replayability due to different challenges a person could strive to attain (for what is an otherwise short game- specifically ds2).
well for crazy games like Borderlands and such, achievements fit right in. a game like Dead Space loses its appeal once it starts to feel like a game. having silly little popups telling you what achievements you are getting ruins the atmosphere of a game like that. you might as well just play the Benny Hill theme during the action...

edit: i bought it anyway. the main issue was that nasty SecuROM. the achievements would have been a nice bonus/motivation to play it many times. which i probably still will do anyway on the harder difficulty settings etc :p

You're Welcome. Have a blast with the games!

Achievements in general are dumb to me. I play to have fun. Not to rack of virtual trophies.

achievements are there if you like them, and you dont have to do them if you dont want to. im fine with them being in games, never go for them though. got enough $2-15 games backlogged on steam that i dont feel the need to squeeze every last second out of any of them.

Bit on borderlands
Fear pack
Dungeons
penumbra pack
terraria
vampire: the masquerade bloodlines

Not bad for around $40 for that many games

Went in for the FEAR pack I remember playing the original many years ago for 6 bucks why not.

first Steam sale in a long time that I haven't bought anything,
mostly because I already own 3/4 of the stuff :cool:

a game like Dead Space loses its appeal once it starts to feel like a game. having silly little popups telling you what achievements you are getting ruins the atmosphere of a game like that. you might as well just play the Benny Hill theme during the action...

I love the way Heavy Rain did trophies. You get notified of them between chapters, not immediately during gameplay.

Played amnesia for a couple hours last night. spooky and very different from a typical FPS since you don't kill anything (but stuff can kill you)

Back