Steam Halloween 2010 Trick or Treat sale

zero2dash

Supreme [H]ardness
Several good picks.
I'll finally get Worms for $10. (which is what it should have sold for in the first place :rolleyes: $20, come on Team17)

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/trickortreat
Oct. 28 - Nov. 1

Doom Rails -50% $4.99
Silent Hill Homecoming -50% $19.99
Nation Red -66% $3.39
Dark Fall: Lost Souls -66% $6.79
Dracula Origin -75% $4.99
Zombie Bowl-o-Rama -75% $2.49
Resident Evil 5 -50% $14.99
Zombie Driver -50% $4.99
Dead Space -50% $9.99
Team Fortress 2 -50% $9.99
Amnesia: The Dark Descent -33% $13.39
BioShock -75% $4.99
Burn Zombie Burn! -50% $4.99
Left 4 Dead Bundle -50% $14.99
Left 4 Dead -50% $9.99
Left 4 Dead 2 -50% $9.99
Alter Ego -50% $14.99
Worms Reloaded -50% $9.99
Ghost Master -50% $2.49
Ghostbusters: The Videogame -50% $9.99
Devil May Cry 4 -50% $9.99
Haunted House -50% $9.99
Aliens vs. Predator (new one) -50% $9.99
-----AvP DLC also on sale - -50% $3.74 for each map pack
Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition -50% $4.99
Overlord Complete Pack -75% $7.49
Overlord -75% $1.24
Overlord: Raising Hell -75% 2.49
Overlord II -75% $4.99
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bundle -75% $9.99 (includes S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl and S.T..A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat)

Last edited:
Hmm, i do love worms... havent played since Armageddon(game wasnt meant to be in 3d) And might pick up avp for this price ONLY for single player and survival. the regular multiplayer blows chunks.

I always wanted to try Ghostbusters but never did. For $9.99 I'll give it a shot. I've heard it's a solid single player title, just short and it has no real replay value. For $9.99 I'm OK with that. If I even get two hours of enjoyment out of it I'll have gotten my money's worth. The new AVP game is definitely worth that price. Although I've already got that one. I may have to pick up Devil May Cry 4 at that price.

I have everything from that list that I want, and everything that I want to gift I've done so in the past. Most of the games on there have been on sale multiple times in the past 12 months, some of them for cheaper than those prices (ghost master was 1.00 last xmas, Ghostbusters was 5.00, etc).

I always wanted to try Ghostbusters but never did. For $9.99 I'll give it a shot. I've heard it's a solid single player title, just short and it has no real replay value. For $9.99 I'm OK with that. If I even get two hours of enjoyment out of it I'll have gotten my money's worth. The new AVP game is definitely worth that price. Although I've already got that one. I may have to pick up Devil May Cry 4 at that price.

I really enjoyed Ghostbusters. The voice acting alone and nostalgia is worth it ;-)

Just noticed the AvP DLC (map packs) are also on sale for 50% off @ $3.74 each.
Worms + Amnesia are definite buys for me; I may get AvP and Nation Red (instead of Burn Zombie Burn which looks identical in gameplay but cartoonish instead of realistic).
I'd like to have Dead Space in Steam but I'll wait and see if it goes for $4.99 either Thanksgiving or Christmas/New Years for that.

I think I'll break down and grab AVP. Very reasonable price just for the single player. Is the multiplayer dead yet?

Overlord series was awesome -- mindless, comical fun! One of the few games I've actually ever completed.

i thought Ghostbusters was great. Yeah, it had it's problems, and it wasn't all that difficult, but it really seemed like I was just watching a sequel to the first one (even though there are plenty of references in the second one). Well worth $10, imo.

If you don't have it, or have never played it, Plants vs Zombies is a no-brainer at $5.

How about RE:5? I've heard lots of bad things about it -- is it worth playing through? That and worms are the only thing that jumped out at me... maybe Deadspace, too...

Anybody know anything about Burn Zombie Burn? I've been thinking about getting my son that cause I think he'd like it. But was going to get it on the PS3 for the co-op. I looked once but couldn't find many details on the PC version. Is there co-op on the PC?

Getting the baseball games. What a steal, even if I only play them combined a half an hour.

Getting the baseball games. What a steal, even if I only play them combined a half an hour.

Judging by what I saw in the playoffs, that's not even three outs!

Everyone's saying AVP is worth $10. How 'bout the DLC?

Also, how 'bout Darkfall?

dead space, dmc4...i might have to bite. was hoping dead space would be $5 again, but hmm...

anyway great price for overlord pack. get a controller and its just perfect. really fun games if you like being evil and its just right for halloween >D also anyone who is remotely interested in l4d, l4d2, or tf2...at those prices, go for it!

I wouldn't bother, they broke the game to unplayability by adding in acceleration that you can't remove (not worth my time to try to find a work around). Big disappointment.

Bit on the Overlord pack and RE5 and the other day I picked up Titan Quest Gold from the THQ sale.

My backlog steadily increases.

If you're interested in Ghostbusters, go for it. It was definitely not my favorite FPS, but I think this was the fan service game that I've been looking for. I remember the horror of the game that was Ghostbusters for the NES and this definitely satisfied me as far as finally getting to fire a proton pack. The voice acting is superb, definitely a lot of familiar voices in there (though I'm just realizing there was no Rick Moranis :( ). The dialogue is great, I found myself lol'ing a few times. The graphics are decent. The different proton pack addons seemed to fit pretty well for Ghostbuster innovations and the upgrade system was definitely welcome.
If you're looking for a Doom or Half-Life type FPS, this is not going to be it. This is a great game for the experience, like a front row seat in a new Ghostbusters movie. Definitely a breath of fresh air for the franchise.

Will definitely pick up a copy of RE5! Been waiting on that one to get down into the $20 range.

I'm not familiar with that Silent Hill version. Is it pretty good? I loved the first 2 but kinda "meh" on the other one.

In for L4D2 - almost bought it last week for $20.

What about Deadspace and Bioshock - worth it?

AVP and Dead Space are both worth the $10. Great Halloween games for some scares :)

Also, if you don't own the L4D's, this is the best price yet.

Devil May Cry 4 is always a fun game play with the different styles of gameplay you can choose to go with..those who haven't played it seriously need to pick it up.

I wouldn't bother, they broke the game to unplayability by adding in acceleration that you can't remove (not worth my time to try to find a work around). Big disappointment.

doesnt this game support a gamepad? theres your workaround

+1

Downloading Ghostbusters now. Want to get AVP but got Batman GOTY edition last weekend and need to start that one up.

I grabbed Amnesia (after playing the demo and getting hooked AND freaked out), Worms, and Nation Red.

I want AvP, DMC4, and Dead Space but I can wait for the Turkey Day or Xmas sales on those, I'm sure those will be $9.99 again if not cheaper (probably cheaper). I want the stuff, but my backlog is already large enough that waiting won't kill me. ;)

I'm thinking about getting the L4D bundle, but how active are the communities still?

Back