• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Steam favorites/server list problem

HitMan-sC

Gawd
Joined
Feb 19, 2003
Messages
987
I've been having a really weird and aggravating problem with Steam. A few days ago, while playing counter-strike, I killed an admin by hs, and he banned me in annoyance. So, I private message another admin and he unbans me. I accidentally remove the server from my favorites list, and when I try to re-add it, it doesn't work. I've tried the DNS and the IP number (cs2.mygamingworld.com:27015 and 208.184.33.205:27015), but nothing ever shows up. When I add the IP through Steam and not counter-strike, it has an entry that just says "not responding". Whenever I open up Steam again, however, there is usually a whole bunch of entries in the favorites list that has the server IP number, but only says "0/0" under the players column, and 2000 ping when I view the server info. I tried reinstalling steam, but that didn't work either. I talked to the admins of the server through the forum, and they said that I wasn't IP/WONID banned. I'm also sure that I have the right IP address and port. What could this be? Anyone else having the same problem?
 
I've scoured the steam forums, and have come up dry. Other people have been having the same problem. I was hoping for some [H]ard knowledge on the subject. Apparently, Steam just blows a nut.Thanks though, dude.
 
try this: you know how you said above that when u try to put in the ip thru steam it just says no response... well try going in anyways, that happened with one serv with me one time i thought i couldnt get to it but i just double clicked it and i could get in fine
 
seems like more of a user error thing to me :D

i realize you've tried some things but that seems like a weird problem for steam to be having....
 
Originally posted by ngk
seems like more of a user error thing to me :D

i realize you've tried some things but that seems like a weird problem for steam to be having....

i've got it too

just closed it one time and when i started it back up some of the favorites didn't respond
 
Originally posted by weezer
i've got it too

just closed it one time and when i started it back up some of the favorites didn't respond

Ech.....Steam is like a disease. There are other people on the steam forums that have this problem. The first server from the same people works fine, though. I tried a tracert, and it goes fine, and then after about 10 nodes it quits. I don't know if that means anything, but I just thought I'd mention it. By the way, I opened up 1.5 and tried to add the server, and it still didn't work. What the hell is going on?
 
Back
Top