Steam Error Since New Install Win7 64bit in Raid 0

Caligatio

n00b
Alright to start off I have read and done all the suggestions on the steam forums about the error I am recieving:
"Steam.exe (Main Exception): The registry is in use by another process, timeout expired"
I have gone here and done everything listed and looked through the steam forums:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php+++++++2275-UFHC-2473

Now I have installed Win7 64 many times, I am new however to installing in raid 0.
I have installed the same copy (Windows 7) with the same components currently in my computer and have not had a problem when installing on a single SATA drive. So I am very dumbfounded at the moment as I have done now 3 fresh installs installing steam FIRST to see if something else was writing to the registry or something. Still no go :/ its 3 am and I am beyond frustrated. Drivers install fine, can download other programs and they install fine. Have yet to install another "game" because most of them are on steam =(..

Can this also be a way for telling me that maybe my raid controller is somehow conflicting with steam in some way I am not aware of???? The only thing that has changed is I upgraded my cooling to H70 and bought 2 new HDs Seagate 1TB 7200.12 32meg cach.

Specs:
i7 950 @ Stock
6gig DDR3 3x2gig Corsair.
Sabertooth mobo
560ti Gigabyte
2x Seagate 1TB 7200.12 32meg cach in raid 0
750 Corsair PSU

Temps are good 36c idle 42c load :/
did some tests in prime95 and AIDA64 1 hour and everything is fine.

I am totally stuck on what to do and where to continue looking for solutions..
Any suggestions would be great thank you =)

(Currently copying the whole steam directory from old HD) -->>
Update:
Just created more of an issue, now it has no rights to rewrite :/ even though I unchecked read only for directory and subfolders..

Going to completly remove steam and figure out whats next.. Suggestions??

EDIT:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Steam.exe
Application Version: 1.0.968.628
Application Timestamp: 4cda0db5
Fault Module Name: Steam.dll
Fault Module Version: 2.0.1052.399
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d7700c7
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 001bdb03
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 8c39
Additional Information 2: 8c3912b3bd901dd3da50ccdf6624151c
Additional Information 3: 2550
Additional Information 4: 255016d4d168e64340d9b6e5ffc88919
Here is some of the error code I got from it when it tried to start. I turned ACPI 2.0 Support off in the bois and this is what i got. Said steam crashed and this is what I got.. Im not sure I totaly understand that or how to use that info to solve my issue any help???

Last edited:
Have you tried re-installing steam (not using your previous install that you copy-over to the new drive)? And what about drivers, your drivers up to date on everything (chipset, audio, video, network)? Another possibility to try is updating the bios. If you search for "steam c0000005" you might find a few possible fixes for others who have that error that you could try. I saw a few, not sure how useful they are.

Have you tried re-installing steam (not using your previous install that you copy-over to the new drive)? And what about drivers, your drivers up to date on everything (chipset, audio, video, network)? Another possibility to try is updating the bios. If you search for "steam c0000005" you might find a few possible fixes for others who have that error that you could try. I saw a few, not sure how useful they are.
Thanks for the suggestion, I checked into it and that wasnt the case either.

Well I finally figured it out this morning, I figured i should get some sleep and take a fresh look. And well safe to say I was a total idiot :/.... I figured I would post a solution as it made me laugh maybe you would get a kick out of it too.

Solution:
System Time and date were set to Aug/2099....
Steam & Windows update would not work.

I never noticed it because the Days were the same & the date and time. I never noticed the year and month were different...

Anyway now everything running super smooth =)...

ya, haha, that's pretty original. Any idea how it got set to such a date?

With the incorrect date and time, its weird you didnt notice windows update and sites like hotmail not working correctly.

Back