• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Steam Error on Startup

Cmustang87

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
4,498
When I start my Computer (Using Vista x64) I get an error from Steam:

"Steam.exe (main exception): Unable to start Steam Engine:
SteamStartEngine(0x17e830) failed with error1: The registry is in use by another process, timeout expired."

WTF? It's only when I start windows up (I normally put it in sleep mode when not using my computer, but I restart it when updates are applied. If anyone has had this issue, please help. Rig is in the sig.
 
Browse to your "steam" folder, find clientregistry.blob. Now delete this file. Open steam and let it update. This will fix a lot of steam errors. Hope it helps!
 
If that did not work, make sure you remember your username and password.

Delete Clientregistry.blob, SteamUI.dll, Steam.dll and steamclient.dll

Steam has to be closed when you do this. Restart it and Steam automatically downloads the new files to replace them.
 
Back
Top