Steam constantly reinstalling updates for itself and games

Shpongle

Weaksauce
If this is not the correct spot for this post, I apologize..up to this point I have come up empty. As the title says folks, Steam is constantly reinstalling updates for itself and games. It's really getting irritating considering I have about 3GB worth of updates to look forward to EVERY TIME I restart my computer or the client. Any help is appreciated.

Things I have tried:
-Renaming .blob folder
-Deleting everything in the local Steam folder other than the .exe and Steamapps folder
-Flushing the Steam Registry( Steam Support's automated suggestion)
-Running Steam in compatability mode, as well as administrator for all users.
-Verify the game cache for each individual game
-

I had this happen but not 3 gigs more like a few megs like last year not sure what to say but reinstall and save the games to your drive location of choice before you install them again.

Just click the install button on the Library page

I wiped out all the games except for Steam and Steamapps a few months back (this trick used to work a few years back) and lost everything so I had to use Steam Mover to move them to a different drive then download alot of them.

I have seen this happen before several times. Every time so far, it has indicated a failing hard disk. Is this on an SSD or a spinning disk? I have had reports from friends lately that steam is forgetting that they have games installed. In those cases it was clearly a Steam problem and the HD's were fine. Perhaps this is related.

I have seen this happen before several times. Every time so far, it has indicated a failing hard disk. Is this on an SSD or a spinning disk? I have had reports from friends lately that steam is forgetting that they have games installed. In those cases it was clearly a Steam problem and the HD's were fine. Perhaps this is related.

I've had steam forget installed games too, and it was clearly and 100% proven to be a failing hard disk.

Thanks for the input ladies and gentleman. Immediately after posting this thread, I backed up my saved files and uninstalled all of my games/reinstalled them one at a time..so far so good.

These are installed on an analog drive, on a Windows 10 upgrade ( as opposed to a clean install). I'm hoping that the issue lies with the "carry over" during the upgrade, since the uninstall seems to have fixed the issue for now. Once again, I appreciate every ones time. Cheers

Back