• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Steam Acct in FS/FT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldie

Mean Old Administrator
2FA
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
21,915
(7) No PIRATED software sales or trades. No sales/trades of ACADEMIC or NFR (Not for Resale) software. OEM software must be sold/traded with hardware or in accordance with the terms the OEM software TOS. The sale/trade of game 'characters', game accounts, Beta accounts or any other issues covered under NDA (non-disclosure agreement) is not allowed. Observe all COPYRIGHT LAWS, TOS's and NDA's when posting copyrighted material. Do not post FS/T deals that violate Federal, State, or Local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or is bound by NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) including current production engineering samples.

I'm thinking about selling my steam account, and I'm wondering if it's permissible. After all, I could sell a physical (store bought) copy of HL2, why not the downloadable copy? I was also unable to find anything in the subscriber agreement, that prohibits resale as a violation of the TOS.

Please only respond if you're a mod or admin.

Thanks


 
According to what I have read about the TOS for Steam, once you activate the account it cannot be reused, so selling it is not an option, so the short answer is no.

You must have missed this in the agreement: You may not sell or charge others for the right to use your Account, or otherwise transfer your Account.
 
Wow, that really sucks. I'll try to re-read them more thoroughly, but I don't recall seeing that. I'm a Steam fan, but that's a big strike against them in my book. I guess I'll go gripe about it on their forums if it hasn't already been beaten to death (probably has).

Thanks Major.

Closing in 3...2...1......

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top