Steam 2011 Holiday Sale is here!!

Haven't bought a single game this sale, just nothing that really seems "wow awesome, gotta have it!" on these. Already owned Skyrim so that one was a no go, probably the only one i would have jumped on.

I hate to be a whiny bitch, but I will be anyways... :)

But I haven't had a steam account for very long, however it seems like the same shit gets promoted every god damn sale they have. Look I'm happy that indy developers are throwing games out there, but if they're always going to be on sale during sales, why not simply make that the price they normally are... although I guess that's a fail on marketing 101.

Got Dungeon Defenders and SPAZ today...not that I have time to play all the stuff I got so far anyway.

I picked up a 4pack of Sanctum and Dungeon Defenders if anyone is interested, PM me or message in steam, Ultimatequix (preferred).

Only Hearts of Iron looks somewhat interesting to me, but it looks more involved than I like in my war games.

I still want LA Noire. Bastards offered it for 25 at Thanksgiving but I missed it. Why won't they do it again?

I still want LA Noire. Bastards offered it for 25 at Thanksgiving but I missed it. Why won't they do it again?

They very well may, the last day or two of these Steam sales tend to have encores of the best deals on most of the games thus far during the sale.

We're talking about the game that single handedly sent THQ's stock shares plummeting, pass on it until it's free. Just a bad as DN:F if not worse.

We're talking about the game that single handedly sent THQ's stock shares plummeting, pass on it until it's free. Just a bad as DN:F if not worse.

Hardly, DNF was straight up GARBAGE all around.

At the very least, Homefront had a pretty engaging and balanced MP community. Although its pretty calm now.

Is Homefront worth $7.50 for the single player campaign?

Thr single player was terrible and not worth buying the game just for that. I never even finished the game because you teamates are so terrible. they dont do anything so you pretty much constantly get flanked by they enemy and your teamates wont even cover your six. Muiltiplayer was a lot of fun but im guessing by now its pretty much dead. The game had alot of potential, its too bad it turned out the way it did.

Haven't bought a single game this sale, just nothing that really seems "wow awesome, gotta have it!" on these. Already owned Skyrim so that one was a no go, probably the only one i would have jumped on.

really? at these prices im just adding to the collection. got all the unreal, splinter cell, prince of persia, mdk, and tomb raider games plus the new sonic game.

grabbed SPAZ....been eyeing this one for a while ;)

Great game. I put quite a few hours into that game and I still wasn't even half way through it. Very easy to get into and quite entertaining.

I beat it in 2.5 hours. Solid shooting but I want the hours of my life back. Wait for $5 or less, but even then... spend your money elsewhere.

Same. I play games pretty slowly and I beat it in 2. It's not worth buying period but I definitely wouldnt pay more than $5 for it.

Homefront sucks ass don't bother even playing for free, one of those useless and hopefully soon forgotten utter wastes of time.

Dungeon Defenders was a hot prospect during development (I followed it for 2 years) and is indeed pretty good action tower defense fun but its one of those games that has serious drawbacks due to a focus on multi-platform co-development and a serious hardcore addiction to incredibly lame and overpriced DLC. The more you play it past a certain point (and that point is pretty early, around 15-20 hours), the more you will regret buying it, and the more you realize any hours spent on this title are an utter and total waste of time. Anyone who likes tons of micro-achievement and ticking little boxes, one more round to get that next little tier of stats are going to say, "What the hell is wrong with you?" but compared to good stat crawlers this game is a failure. It's supposed to be a TD and it isn't even a success at that, all things considered. I've put around 50 hours into it and I regret ever touching it. Terraria is a sleeper blockbuster. DD is a sleeper yawner that just might remind you why you hate the direction taken by modern gaming.

Revenge of the Titans is the steal of the day, a solid indie tower defense sleeper hit. Good stuff. I've owned it since release.

Homefront sucks ass don't bother even playing for free, one of those useless and hopefully soon forgotten utter wastes of time.

Dungeon Defenders was a hot prospect during development (I followed it for 2 years) and is indeed pretty good action tower defense fun but its one of those games that has serious drawbacks due to a focus on multi-platform co-development and a serious hardcore addiction to incredibly lame and overpriced DLC. The more you play it past a certain point (and that point is pretty early, around 15-20 hours), the more you will regret buying it, and the more you realize any hours spent on this title are an utter and total waste of time. Anyone who likes tons of micro-achievement and ticking little boxes, one more round to get that next little tier of stats are going to say, "What the hell is wrong with you?" but compared to good stat crawlers this game is a failure. It's supposed to be a TD and it isn't even a success at that, all things considered. I've put around 50 hours into it and I regret ever touching it. Terraria is a sleeper blockbuster. DD is a sleeper yawner that just might remind you why you hate the direction taken by modern gaming.

Revenge of the Titans is the steal of the day, a solid indie tower defense sleeper hit. Good stuff. I've owned it since release.

I completely disagree with you on Dungeon Defenders. Over the course of a week my brother and I put in almost 40 hours with the game. It is a great co-op title, especially for people that love "loot whore" style games. Yes there is a lot of DLC, but I don't regret buying any of it. As single player experience it would suck, but it's really fun co-op and surviving all the challenges and survival modes on higher difficulties requires some intelligence and good planning.

I completely disagree with you on Dungeon Defenders. Over the course of a week my brother and I put in almost 40 hours with the game. It is a great co-op title, especially for people that love "loot whore" style games. Yes there is a lot of DLC, but I don't regret buying any of it. As single player experience it would suck, but it's really fun co-op and surviving all the challenges and survival modes on higher difficulties requires some intelligence and good planning.

We beat everything on all difficulties except a couple that we didn't beat on Insane. I bought the 4 pack for my gaming group and we played it 4 coop together every night for a couple weeks. I regret buying it because the "staying power" of the game is only about micro-achievement, NOT about how much fun you are having by playing the game. The actual "fun factor" of the game is very low once you pass a certain point and it becomes tremendously monotonous. I don't play for achievement, I play for fun, and as a hardcore tower defense/strategy fan this game displeases me greatly.

edit: and I had 3 max level characters by 50~ hours of play so I'm pretty sure I know monotonous when I see it.

We beat everything on all difficulties except a couple that we didn't beat on Insane. I bought the 4 pack for my gaming group and we played it 4 coop together every night for a couple weeks. I regret buying it because the "staying power" of the game is only about micro-achievement, NOT about how much fun you are having by playing the game. The actual "fun factor" of the game is very low once you pass a certain point and it becomes tremendously monotonous. I don't play for achievement, I play for fun.

Again I completely disagree. I wouldn't play a game if I didn't find it fun. I couldn't possibly care less about shit like Steam achievements and the like, but setting personal challenges and just having fun getting them helps a lot. I would play more if it wasn't that between nearly 40 hours of DD and something like 10 hours of Sanctum I'm quite burnt out on tower defense games.

Back