Stealth Updates.....Windows XP and Vista going under the radar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get tired of all this "doom and gloom" crap...

This was already posted about earlier (Although I wasn't aware that it was XP as well- but then I didn't look, either).

It's updating Windows Update itself more than likely. I guess what I am saying- this is (once more) old news...

I could be wrong here- but I do think their EULA covers things like this as well. It isn't like Microsoft is a poor little company that doesn't have a herd of lawyers to cover their actions.

I see this both ways. Yes- if you have updates turned off- one would not expect updates to Update itself, either. On the other hand- it is updating update itself- not touching your system too much- and it isn't like Microsoft is "out to get you", either.

Right or Wrong- whatever your views- this is old news.

Already a thread going on.
And just because a thread is a dupe, and not an obvious one, as not everyone reads every single thread, doesn't mean you can crap in it, so I'm nipping that one right now.

It's an honest oversight, so leave it be unless you'd like infarctions to start being handed out.

And you know what. This is a discussion forum, so don't try to dictate what users can and cannot discuss in here. Let us worry about that. Old news or not, it's news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back