Stealth GeForce Question

bitbum

Gawd
Joined
Mar 10, 2003
Messages
522
I have a Gainward GeForce3 Ti 200 that has served me well for gaming, but now I would like to use it in a "silent" PC. Has anyone tried any sort of passive cooling on this card? I was thinking of hacking down an old Pentium heat sink for use on this card, but I'm not sure how much heat the GPU puts out and if a passive home made cooler would be sufficient. Any suggestions?
 
bitbum said:
I have a Gainward GeForce3 Ti 200 that has served me well for gaming, but now I would like to use it in a "silent" PC. Has anyone tried any sort of passive cooling on this card? I was thinking of hacking down an old Pentium heat sink for use on this card, but I'm not sure how much heat the GPU puts out and if a passive home made cooler would be sufficient. Any suggestions?
My geforce 3 ti 200 came with a passive heatsink, it didn't have a high fin density but it was large. I think that a Pentium heatsink might work, but I'd try to find a larger heatsink (width and length wise).
 
There's a Zalman Heatpipe Heatsink for video cards w/o a fan that might work on a geforce3 not sure though.
 
Back
Top