Static with Audigy 4.

Quantum

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
215
Today when I booted my PC everything seemed fine until I started listening to music. Last night everything was fine but now I get a really nasty hissing/static noise (like when you crank up the mic volume but x10 that) from the speakers and the sound is so low that I barely can hear it. I thought it could be caused by a codec pack I installed last night but uninstalling it didn't change anything. I have also uninstalled/reinstalled creative Vista x64 drivers still nothing. The onboard AC'97 is fine though. Any ideas?
 
the solder joins on the miniplug jacks are notoriously weak on Creative cards. Are you sure you don't have a bad connection?
 
Just checked that and couldn't see anything. I have tried the black and orange outputs also and the same noise.
 
Should also add that it's the left channel that's got the most noise, nothing on right channel. There is no static UNTIL there is a sound i.e. mp3, wav etc. or a film, then the static is there till the next reboot.

P.S.
I have tested the speakers so there's nothing wrong with them.
 
Back
Top