• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Static when playing audio and moving a window around.

Ktf Fang

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 15, 2009
Messages
112
So this just started happening yesterday while I had photoshop and itunes opened. everytime I drag the window or make a big brushstroke the sound coming out of the speakers would get choppy. I tried to get it to repeat with task manager performance monitor on and notice the cpu jumps to about 60%, just from dragging a window around. I don't know if this is regular or not but I've never had the problem before. It isn't a photoshopm, itunes , or speakers problem because I tried dragging other windows around with a song playing from winamp through headphones. Same thing. When I drag a window with no audio software in the background, I can still see the gpu at about 50%.


I thought I could have gotten a trojan or something that's stealing resources but I scanned with avira, ad-aware, and spybot and found nothing. So I'm not sure what to do now.
 
Do you have an IDE or SATA hard drive?

Other than that, see if Device Manager has anything flagged. Re-install or update video and mobo chipset drivers.
 
SATA HD

Nothing flagged in Device Manager.

I just updated the video card and all available mobo shipset. Still same thing :(
 
If this is Vista or 7, then try re-running the Windows Experience Index assessment.

If it's not, please indicate your OS.
 
I have Windows 7 like my sig indicated. Just did the experience index assessment again and still no luck in getting the problem to go away. Somehow it feels like it's not as bad as before so I don't know. I think I'm just going to keep a close eye on the process tab. Thx for the help
 
Back
Top