Static Type Noise

The Realyst

Limp Gawd
I'm getting this static noise from my speakers. It seems to be reacting to my hard drive or something. Anytime I do almost anything like scrolling my browser window or a program loading up, you hear this static scratchy sound. I unplugged the speakers and put in another pair, same static. What can it be? Maybe I need a new sound card???

Its probably coming from the front audio plugs, move the cable for them as far as possible from other wires in the case.

I'm sorry. I'm going to need a little more details. Not exactly what you mean by front audio plugs. If this helps, I unplugged my speakers altogether and I still hear the sound coming from inside the case, but it doesn't seem to be coming from my hard drive. Whatever it is, it's coming through my speakers when I do have them plugged in. It's so annoying!

I don't have any audio jacks going to the front of my case. I don't have any speakers on my case at all so there wouldn't be any audio jacks. At least I don't think so

Dude, I got it. Thanks alot. I think I need to buy a new case. Everything is bunched up so close inside. Need something with more space. But I got it stopped for now. Thanks again.

The Realyst said:
Dude, I got it. Thanks alot. I think I need to buy a new case. Everything is bunched up so close inside. Need something with more space. But I got it stopped for now. Thanks again.

Out of curiosity, what did you do to fix it?

I didn't know which wire was the audio one, so I just moved them all away from the CPU which seems to be what was making the sounds. Like I said, I think I should maybe get a case with more space in it.

Back