• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Static from Klipch Promedia 4.1 speakers

budbugsy

n00b
Joined
Jun 7, 2004
Messages
51
So I woke up at 2 AM to the sound of loud static coming from my speakers!

My computer was off at the time so I killed the power on my surge suppressor, then started checking wires for a short but did not find anything.
Next I unplugged the power to the speakers and powered every thing else up. My computer and every thing is working fine, so I plugged the speakers back in and got more static. I then unplugged the speakers from the computer and tried again, still more static.

Next I tried power from a different source but that did not work.
The statics coming from mostly the right front speaker but I can hear it on the others too.
I tried rearranging the speakers but that did not work ether.

I have had my klispch Promedia 4.1 speakers for about 8-10 years and they have always given me great sound. I would really like to try and fix them and any help would be appreciated.
 
Last edited:
Sometimes static can come from a dirty volume pot. Turn everything off and swing the volume on the Klipsch knob all the way down and all the way up 10 times. Or you could spray a bit of electrical contact cleaner in there, and repeat the above steps.

I like this stuff-
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ampaign=none&gclid=CIKZprzml6gCFYjsKgodi2XuDg

I only have the 2.1s but lucky for me mine are still going strong after 5+ years. Hope it's nothing too serious.
 
Similar thing happened to my 10 yr-old Promedia 4.1 set. Mine didn't even output sound anymore. Figured it just died. I'm not too sad though; figured 10yrs of service was above the average..
 
Back
Top