I'm getting major static during certain hard drive activity. It's most noticeable when i'm using quickpar to check files I've downloaded. When I'm listening to mp3s, I get some pops, every now and then, but as soon as quickpar starts checking, I get major static, it almost sounds like the song slows down its so bad. As soon as quickpar is finished checking, the static goes away, and if quickpar has to reconstruct a file, I dont' get the same kind of static.
This all started when I upgraded my motherboard. I'm using the same headphones & sound card I did before i swapped motherboards. I've tried different headphones, and bought a new sound card, and still have the same issues. It doesn't matter what hard drive i'm checking files on. This happens whether i'm listening to mp3s in winamp, or watching movies in VLC
Specs:
Tyan Tiger MPX
2 2000+ Athlon MPs
4 Gigs Ram
The old sound card was a Creative Live! 5.1 Digital
The new card is a Chaintech AV-710
I've got 3 hard drives & a DVD-RW on onboard IDE, and 2 hard drives on a Koutech PCI IDE controller.
I've also got a Koutech PCI USB card.
I'd appreciate any help I can get. Even though the major problem only happens with one program, there's enough of a problem all the time that it makes music & movies hard to listen to.
Thanks
>>>:-]
This all started when I upgraded my motherboard. I'm using the same headphones & sound card I did before i swapped motherboards. I've tried different headphones, and bought a new sound card, and still have the same issues. It doesn't matter what hard drive i'm checking files on. This happens whether i'm listening to mp3s in winamp, or watching movies in VLC
Specs:
Tyan Tiger MPX
2 2000+ Athlon MPs
4 Gigs Ram
The old sound card was a Creative Live! 5.1 Digital
The new card is a Chaintech AV-710
I've got 3 hard drives & a DVD-RW on onboard IDE, and 2 hard drives on a Koutech PCI IDE controller.
I've also got a Koutech PCI USB card.
I'd appreciate any help I can get. Even though the major problem only happens with one program, there's enough of a problem all the time that it makes music & movies hard to listen to.
Thanks
>>>:-]