Startup Resolution Trouble!

Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Messages
50
Startup resoulution problem.

Ok, This morning I turn my comput on as normal. When it starts up, the resolution turns to 640x480in 8 bit color. I switch it back, then do a system restore, thinking I accidently messed something up.

After the restore, same thing. Thinking it's a virus or spywar or something, I then disconnect my internet, then run ad-aware. In the middle of the scan, my virus pops up says it has found a virus, and put it into the virus vault. Ok good. At the end of the ad-aware, it found a bunch of ie tracking cookies(even though I use firefox), and a 7/10 threat level spyware. I delete those, then run a full virus scan, just to be safe.

I restart, then plug internet back in, but the res is 640x480 in 8 bit color. Its not a huge problem, I can just change it back everytime I start, but thats not the point.

Do you think its my video drivers? I have already have had problems with the new nvidia drivers with another card. I am downloading the 71.89 drivers now, those seemed to be stable. I have a feeling it isn't the drivers though.

[cornyjoke]Could my computer could have caught my cold?[/cornyjoke]
 
does kind of sound like a driver problem. before installing the new ones I would run driver cleaner or something to get rid of all previous installations.
 
Back
Top