So I searched around and couldn't find anything that helped my particular problem, so if I missed it somewhere please point me to that thread.
I will start with my computer.
Corsair 550Watt
Abit IP35-E
E4500 @2.2
WD 200gb Sata
Samsung DVD-R
BFG 7800GT OC
2gb OCZ Platinum DDR2 800
WinXP Pro
The problem is that when I turn the computer on or restart it the system starts up INCREDIBLY slow. It takes anywhere from 4-6 minutes to get into windows. I have had this computer for almost a year now and it has never had this issue. It started about a week ago. The kicker is...when I get into windows the system runs completely normally. All my benchmark programs give me the same results and my games/programs run normally also. Coretemp and my bios show that my temps are just fine. It is not a heat issue. It is not overclocked either.
I would think it would be a hardware problem cause it is doing this with any OS I try. I have reformatted and taken everything apart and put it back together and the same problem exists.
The only think I can think of is that my bios or cmos are messed up. I wouldn't know the first thing about correcting this problem though. I have tried resetting the CMOS and nothing has changed.
Anyone experience a problem like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
swany
I will start with my computer.
Corsair 550Watt
Abit IP35-E
E4500 @2.2
WD 200gb Sata
Samsung DVD-R
BFG 7800GT OC
2gb OCZ Platinum DDR2 800
WinXP Pro
The problem is that when I turn the computer on or restart it the system starts up INCREDIBLY slow. It takes anywhere from 4-6 minutes to get into windows. I have had this computer for almost a year now and it has never had this issue. It started about a week ago. The kicker is...when I get into windows the system runs completely normally. All my benchmark programs give me the same results and my games/programs run normally also. Coretemp and my bios show that my temps are just fine. It is not a heat issue. It is not overclocked either.
I would think it would be a hardware problem cause it is doing this with any OS I try. I have reformatted and taken everything apart and put it back together and the same problem exists.
The only think I can think of is that my bios or cmos are messed up. I wouldn't know the first thing about correcting this problem though. I have tried resetting the CMOS and nothing has changed.
Anyone experience a problem like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
swany