Starting a New Project

SpeedSlayer

Supreme [H]ardness
I am building a server for my office. Well a 3 in 1 system

I have (3) PII 400mhz. They are going to have their own tasks.

System one will be the internet provider.
System two will be the data storage of all the pool information such as scans, spreadsheets, etc.
System three will be the storage of all the pictures from pools.

There will be a set of 3 hotswap drives. 2 for Pictures, 1 for the data storage.

The motherboards are going to be stacked. With a LCD/VFD or something for each of the three.

A Couple quick questions. I used a long screw (sort of, its a #8 screw looking thing that is just very long) to hold the motherboards apart with nuts so hold them in place. What would be the proper method to ensure there is no shorting of the board?

Two: I dont know what I am going to do for the external. Is bondo hard to work with?

Any other suggestions? I think I am going to use PicoPSU for the motherboards and a regular psu for all the harddrives.

I think Im going to rework that part to something that will be unique and exciting. Just wait until I start the project

I vote you do it like this:

speedykpdiagramrp5.jpg

....Wait, what were we talking about?

;)

(Speedy, if you want me to take this down, just let me know)

I am building a server for my office. Well a 3 in 1 system

I have (3) PII 400mhz. They are going to have their own tasks.

System one will be the internet provider.
System two will be the data storage of all the pool information such as scans, spreadsheets, etc.
System three will be the storage of all the pictures from pools.

There will be a set of 3 hotswap drives. 2 for Pictures, 1 for the data storage.

The motherboards are going to be stacked. With a LCD/VFD or something for each of the three.

A Couple quick questions. I used a long screw (sort of, its a #8 screw looking thing that is just very long) to hold the motherboards apart with nuts so hold them in place. What would be the proper method to ensure there is no shorting of the board?

Two: I dont know what I am going to do for the external. Is bondo hard to work with?

Any other suggestions? I think I am going to use PicoPSU for the motherboards and a regular psu for all the harddrives.

your thinking of an all thread...

i would look at people who have made folding farms becuase this is something i have seen done a few times...

stacks of motherboards with allthreads etc...

Back