• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Started folding again

colinstu

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 11, 2007
Messages
3,563
Doing it just so I can warm up my room. I'm in Wisconsin and even though my room is connected to the forced-air heating system... there just doesn't seem to be much air entering my room. Feels like it's going to be a long winter.

So I got my 9800GTX cranking away. Don't bother with SMP folding as my OC has seem to become more unstable over the years. But I did OC my card's shaders and core a little to get a couple hundred more points out of it.

GPU Tracker has made this all a breeze to setup! Wish this tool was out years ago. Giving PPD predictions between 5500-6600, about what I remember it being before.

Been having it on for a day or two so far, gotta admit, my room is now comfortable feeling now! No longer freezing cold. Impressive just for a video card.



Can't wait to break into 200k and 250k points!
 
Welcome back colinstu, thanks! :cool:
 
Welcome back and Fold on!

Just an FYI: If you are looking for an upgrade, I bet you can find a GTX460 for well under $100. That would give you over 10k ppd when OC-ed

A GTS 260 should be around $50 used, and would do around 8 or 9k ppd.
 
Thanks all! I know it's not much, but it's something!

GTS 260 should be around $50 used, and would do around 8 or 9k ppd.

Assuming you mean GTX 260? The 216 stream processor one at that?

Scary to see those cards being so cheap now... remember seeing those go for new $200-300!

Anyways, I'll be doing an entire rig overhaul whenever Ivy Bridge and GTX 600-series cards are released (Q2 2012 on the proc... no idea on the video card). So I'll go do some real folding when that rolls around :cool: but for now I'd like to climb over all the inactive people in the project and warm up my room.
 
Anyways, I'll be doing an entire rig overhaul whenever Ivy Bridge and GTX 600-series cards are released (Q2 2012 on the proc... no idea on the video card). So I'll go do some real folding when that rolls around :cool: but for now I'd like to climb over all the inactive people in the project and warm up my room.

Good to see you have a plan ;)
 
Back
Top