• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

StarTech 3-in-2 SATA Backplane

Sinclair

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
242
Was wondering if anyone has any experience with this drive backplane? I currently have a Supermicro 5-in-3 which has been serving me quite well however I'm looking to expand into RAID-6 and have 2 5 1/4 drive slots available for another backplane. Didn't see any made by Supermicro that would fit this situation. If anyone else has any recommendations other then the above backplane, I'd like to hear those too.

Thanks!
 
I have the 5-in-3 version from Athena. Looks like they're made by the same company.
Here is the Athena 3-in-2 from newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817119403

My only issue is that you MUST hit the power button for each drive on the enclosure at least once after installing a drive, otherwise the drive will not be powered on. This wouldn't be an issue except there is no manual included that states this. Luckily a newegg review for the 5-in-3 included this tidbit.
 
Back
Top