• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Start Menu Search

S. Wong

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 26, 2007
Messages
86
I'm running Windows 7, and gave my fiance a windows 7 laptop for Christmas, to replace her aging macbook pro.

She's looks at the start menu search, but isn't able to search files, just applications, and would like that fixed.
Looking around for a solution, I see that MS had this for vista, but not 7.

How do I enable searching for files, folders, and applications straight from the start menu?

Thanks,
-Steven
 
PXC is spot on. Not sure what heat is trying to say there. Indexing is on by default. If it wasn't the programs, I do not believe, wouldn't even be accessible.
 
PXC is spot on. Not sure what heat is trying to say there. Indexing is on by default. If it wasn't the programs, I do not believe, wouldn't even be accessible.

Indexing on the default Library folders is on by default was well I believe so I was just thinking that someone had turned off the indexing service. But yes, the folders need to be added to indexing as well obviously.
 
Back
Top