Start got real slow and won't now?

’m‚³‚ñ

Supreme [H]ardness
Clear your CMOS. Then, try to find a new BIOS for that mainboard. That should get ya up and running again.

Cleared the cmos for the third time and can now get it to load in a normal amount of time, every thing looks good but no mouse. restarted and reset mouse in bios, still no mouse, changed mouse, it works on this machine but the problem one, ( moved back ) no mouse. arrow shows up , but nothing will move it. :(

also it reloads the printer as new every time it starts, even though the USB devices are all unhooked:rolleyes:

I would trash the whole thing but I need the email address's and a couple of phone numbers that I can't get into to copy.

it also will not read the optical drives, so the recovery cd doesn't work, nor the diagnostic disk,

aaarrrgggghhhhhhhh:D

Originally posted by racercarl
Cleared the cmos for the third time and can now get it to load in a normal amount of time, every thing looks good but no mouse. restarted and reset mouse in bios, still no mouse, changed mouse, it works on this machine but the problem one, ( moved back ) no mouse. arrow shows up , but nothing will move it. :(

also it reloads the printer as new every time it starts, even though the USB devices are all unhooked:rolleyes:

I would trash the whole thing but I need the email address's and a couple of phone numbers that I can't get into to copy.

it also will not read the optical drives, so the recovery cd doesn't work, nor the diagnostic disk,

aaarrrgggghhhhhhhh:D

You, my poor friend, have a shot/bad mobo. Try BIOS update, although I don't think that will work. Get another mobo that is similar or the same model, and swap them. Then, backup and reinstall or repari windows. :)

Tried the bios update, but as it won't read the floppy drive it will not work:(

I was afraid you were going to tell me something like that:(

any way at least it rus good enough to continue to fold:)

Pulled the moniter and extra keyboardand mouse off and am just letting it run until I can get a new mobo, as I need to have a windows ME version to read my handhelds and do my printing. ( I don't want to buy everything new to talk to XP, or get new printer to work with Linux.):(

Life's a bitch and then they tax you:D

Back