STARS REACH Raph Koster's New MMORPG

Yeah, it's too bad - I'm liking the gameplay features that are being detailed, but those graphics are rough. I normally don't mind more 'stylized' (read: cartoon-y) graphics, but these visuals look pretty cheap and forgettable.

Give me Stars Reach gameplay combined with New World's graphics - then you'd have my attention.

Yeah, it's too bad - I'm liking the gameplay features that are being detailed, but those graphics are rough. I normally don't mind more 'stylized' (read: cartoon-y) graphics, but these visuals look pretty cheap and forgettable.

Give me Stars Reach gameplay combined with New World's graphics - then you'd have my attention.
Star citizen says hello

When was the last time Raph Koster actually made a game? 20 years ago? I'm sure his speaking engagements pay better.

He did an AMA on Reddit a couple days ago. He says this is the game he has been wanting to make for 30 years and is a spiritual successor to Ultima Online. He also specifically says that the graphics need "A LOT of work" still. He says they are aiming for a "Genshin Impact" or "Breath of the Wild" art style, which I don't think is any better.

https://old.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/1dqodoo/im_raph_koster_creator_of_ultima_online_and_star/

Back