Starforce Registry Removal

sinbad

Weaksauce
yeah hi.
After installing area51 i found out about starforce. I uninstalled area51 and then used the free online starforce removal tool at onlinesecurity-on.com which removed it. Or at least now it is no longer in device manager. Then on the site that gave me the onlinesecurity-on.com link (www.glop.org/) told me about removing it from the registry heres the advice they gave

" Open the windows registry (Start -> Run -> Regedit) and look for any of the following items:

sfsync
sfhlp
sfdrv

If you aren't allowed to delete those entries, right-slick on the item, click permissions, then grant full control over the item. You can then delete ir from the registry.

Again, remove anything even related to any of these items. Be sure to search for KEYS, VALUES and DATA. You will get more hits then just the ones given by the Starforce crew. I removed all trace of them."

So i went into regedit, the nview and searched for the 3 files. but what came up was a little different it was in folder called LEGACY_SENS and the 3 files were called
LEGACY_SFDRV01 LEGACY_SFHLP02 LEGACY_SFSYNC02

i was a little confused with the numbers afterwards and LEGACY_
are these Starforce and can i safely remove them

P.S i know there is a patch for Area51 to use without starforce but i dont have the disc anymore so i wont be playing the game.

Back