Starfield

Why are you so obsessed with constantly telling everyone how much you don't like this game? We all get it.
I know it's terrible, isn't it? I should stop but I find it entertaining to dunk on this. Maybe Bethesda will prove me wrong over time and make it a good game, but I doubt it. And their lead writer Emil is such a nimrod it's too easy to ridicule him. But I will lay off.

Haven't touched Starfield after the last save corruption. The latest update doesn't give me any type of confidence boost Bethesda will fix the issue any time soon. It's disappointing especially since I've invested 800 plus hours.

Once I finish the main quests in Skyrim I'll start a new Starfield playthrough but if the save corruption occurs again I'm done.

Haven't touched Starfield after the last save corruption. The latest update doesn't give me any type of confidence boost Bethesda will fix the issue any time soon. It's disappointing especially since I've invested 800 plus hours.

Once I finish the main quests in Skyrim I'll start a new Starfield playthrough but if the save corruption occurs again I'm done.
Save file issues are why I quit playing it as well. Mine would take 10+ minutes to load. There were fixes that would sometimes work for brief periods, but the next gaming session the issue always reappeared.

Starfield Beta 1.10.30 update released

over 500 changes/bug fixes and the first quality of life updates

FEATURES

Photo Mode: Added the ability to set Expressions and Poses on player and companions in Photo mode
Scanner: You can now open doors and harvest with the scanner opened
Setting course on an inactive quest will now make it the active quest
Added support for adjusting FOV when using 3rd Person Ship view
Added an Anisotropic filtering quality slider (PC)
Removed the digipick cost for using Undo during the Security mini-game
Added an autosave when fast travelling from a planet's surface to orbit
Updated the Ship UI to perform more smoothly at higher framerates

https://bethesda.net/en/game/starfi...23/starfield-update-1-10-30-march-6-2024-beta

Removed the digipick cost for using Undo during the Security mini-game
Been a while since I played but how does Undo work now? Before you'd waste a key each time but iirc you could do it unlimited times at 1 key each.

I know at least one player who won't like this fix:

Ship weapons should now target the nearest module on an enemy ship instead of the center of mass.

Otherwise that's one helluva fix list. :eek:

So Ive been holding off trying this game due to complaints and Bethesda always needing soak time to get it at least somewhat stable. Comparing to Fallout NV/4, FarCry, CP or GTA, is it worth picking up? I don't play for max pretty, I look for content and stability. Last I read up, the content was lacking other than persistent fetch quests like FC.

So Ive been holding off trying this game due to complaints and Bethesda always needing soak time to get it at least somewhat stable. Comparing to Fallout NV/4, FarCry, CP or GTA, is it worth picking up? I don't play for max pretty, I look for content and stability. Last I read up, the content was lacking other than persistent fetch quests like FC.

Content? Minimal. Particularly if you’re not into base/ship building.

Stability? Eh, better than previous Bethesda titles but that’s not saying much.

Personally I could only squeeze about 60 hours out of it and only really enjoyed maybe half of that, and I have hundreds of hours in FO3/NV & Skyrim. NG+ is a joke imo.

The game is 99% the same as release day. If you care about mods, the CK isn't even out yet.
Ignore it for a couple years, get it cheap with all the DLC.

Fallout London release next month and it's free.

I see this patch fixed the 30 fps ship UI... Which drove me crazy.

That, plus FSR 3 and all the bug fixes, is now as good a time as any for a first real playthrough??

Back