Starcraft II is under secret devolpement by Blizzard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyper_Lite

Weaksauce
I just found these images on GOOGLE! :eek:

s2xv_2623_water_9949.jpg

s2xv_2623_water_12674.jpg

s2xv_2623_water_13135.jpg

s2xv_2623_water_4579.jpg

water_27944.jpg

water_27943.jpg

water_26240.jpg

It looks like a Command and Conquer: Generals mod. Those beams look all too familiar. :) So do a lot of the textures.

I actually haven't played a good game of Generals in a long time. I should re-install...

Not a bad mod. While Blizzard is certainly secretly developing Starcraft 2, it would look MUCH better than this.

Incred said:
It looks like a Command and Conquer: Generals mod. Those beams look all too familiar. :) So do a lot of the textures.

I actually haven't played a good game of Generals in a long time. I should re-install...

You can download a mod for C&C to be able to do this?

DETAILS! PLEASE!

Genocidal[v2] said:
OMG you've uncovered the biggest secret ever!!!!!!11111oneoneoneone :eek:

Ahahahaha, that got a good laugh out of me.

And since when did the Terrains get Timberwolf mechs ?

I seriously hope that if thats SC2, i ho-pe those are the screenies BEFORE textures otherwise that would suck

Yes, it's under secret development...and there are screenshots of it on Google...

Think about that one.

finalgt said:
Yes, it's under secret development...and there are screenshots of it on Google...

Think about that one.

Not to mention the screenshot parasite which says "MODDB.COM" Im guessing the first three letters in that address mean something .... not quiet sure what tho. :D

Last I heard about that Mod for C&C generals is that blizzard called them up and said "Uhhmm, No. I don't think so buddy".

It was a copywrite infringement, Blizzard called them on it, and they shutdown their shop.

It was just a mod for C&C Generals, not SC2.

The trick to a mod without getting into legal problems is making everything similar but don't use ("steal") original art or names from the game. If Blizzard throws a fit, all you need to show is that you made a game inspired by, not derived by Starcraft.

wow I was getting excited.. but I was thinking to myself.. shouldnt SC2 graphics be better than warcraft 3's not worst hehe.

Truth be known, if they follow standard development procedures, they already have a small crew of people working on the game: At least one main developer, three or four programmers and the same number of artists. This is the advance team building the base framework for the game, the initial database and getting a few art assets as placeholders. You won't see an anouncement on the game until early next year that they'll show it at E3.

If Blizzard plans to show the game at E3 2006, then they'll ramp up the development crew no later than October to get the game in a state good enough to show others. That would be a crew of at least 30 developers and artists that start to develop levels and detailed art. I could easily see 50 people working on the game at the same time, not counting biz people and QA.

iori yagami said:
would be nice if sc2 had ue3 quality graphics but seen from above ;)

then that would require some crazy graphics and cpu power :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back