Starcraft 2: Glitches / Artifacts regardless of settings?

Punkrulz

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys, my computer hardware is as follows:

Cooler Master 590
PC P&C 610w PSU
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
Intel C2D E8400
GSkill 2x2gb DDR2-1000 Memory
Xigmatek S1283 HSF
EVGA Geforce GTX-260 216c
WD 640gb SATA HD
LG 22" L227WTG Widescreen
Samsung DVDRW

I just purchased Starcraft 2 today, and when loading it up it recommended that my video settings be set to "Ultra". While playing through the game, there were frequent times I noticed some black marks pop up on the screen real quick then disappear. I then later decided to set the settings down to "Medium", however was getting the same issue. Sometimes it happens during the video playback as well.

My ambient room temperature is 68F, and my video card is not being over clocked. Can someone please shoot me some ideas as to why this was happening?

I doubt it's overheating but you can check it. I've been seeing this bug too (not overclocked and fan set to 100%) and my temps are in the 60's-70's

I Got that alot in the beta when I was using a 5750 & a 5830 with poor case circulation.. There may be a bug though. Dr. Stevil what video card are you using?

I'm going to check out that link. I've made one adjustment; I turned my fan control on auto so it would spin faster as it got warmer. I definitely noticed it speeding up and slowing down during game play, and I did notice a slight decrease in the artifacts, but they were still there.

It may be a nVidia driver bug.. Now that I have case fans in my SFF I am playing with a 5830 on high settings 1920x1200 & no artifacts, but I definitly still hear the fans on the cooler spin up..

1) Don't use Ultra shader settings, use High. They're glitched at this time.
2) Disable SLI, if you have two cards. It works for everything but cutscenes, which generate a lot of stutter. And you don't want to miss these cutscenes.
3) I experienced this same issue when I overclocked the GT 335m in my Alienware m11X.

Perhaps you can try underclocking your video card to see if the problem goes away?

1) Don't use Ultra shader settings, use High. They're glitched at this time.

x2

after playing around with some settings, it appears that the shaders set to Ultra cause stuttering, low FPS and artifacting.

With everything else maxed out (and 4x AA enabled via the control panel), with shaders set to high and SLI enabled, I'm getting around 70-80fps in game and 120+ in menus. Give it a try if you're having performance problems with this game.

Just noting here, shaders (and everything else on ULTRA) on my GTX260-216 works like a charm and I have no issues. Im running driver 257.21

Just noting here, shaders (and everything else on ULTRA) on my GTX260-216 works like a charm and I have no issues. Im running driver 257.21

thats so odd. A guy that I work with said the same thing.

I don't know why only some people are experiencing these issues while others with very similar rigs are having no problems.

i had no artifacts problem with my tri-sli 480 however the game only utilize around 25% on three GPU cores when playing and 10% while in the menu (during the gameplay got around 120fps and in menu i get 60fps vsync off)

No problems here with everything at Ultra at 1920*1200 and forcing 8xAA. Framerate stay over 30. which is the lowest I will go with a RTS. Was never into the first game, but this one(single player at least) isn't half bad.

Back