Star Wars Spin-Off Will Reveal How Han Solo Got His Name

I wonder if we'll also learn that Chewbacca was dyeing his hair all along.

while rogue one was pretty good. disney needs to layoff releases starwars flicks almost year on year. peeps may kinda get bored of it. they cant get storys and film direction always spot on.

and no one else can be han solo apart from harrison ford. this should reall have been just a graphic novel story

I reckon the Disney execs plans are -

"We'll make a dozen or so movies really quickly...even if some don't do so well they will average around $5-600 million dollars a movie and then when everyone is fed up we put the franchise to bed for 15 years and then we dust it off again and make another dozen movies! Rinse and repeat!"

"So you killed off a main fan favourite character that carries the franchise, what the fuck are you guys doing!? We need to make more Mickey bucks!"

"Prequel"

"Brilliant. Kill him off yet we can still use him".

"Origin story"

"Oh fuck stop right now, I'm going to cream my pants".

You got a problem with him identifying as Han Solo? Did you assume his name?

I'm surprised he didn't come out sooner against that patriarchal imperialistic culture. No wonder Han and Chewey are besties and spent years together.

I don't think it has anyhing to do with "right wing politics" or "getting your panties in a wad".

I think its more like "not putting up with bullshit and making up stupid plots just to have a reason to make movies"
it ranks right up there with "Sparkly Vampires"

Wut? I don't think you know what you're talking about.

It's not like Disney is trying to buy up a franchise and milk it dry. I mean, no one in Hollywood is even doing that these days.

Hey by the way did you guise see Fast & Furious 7! Dat was soooo kewl! When is F&F 10 coming out? Maybe next time they can put in some more former wrestling stars LOLOL!

I didn't watch rouge one. I just didn't care. I refuse to watch another star wars film after suffering (Being fucking bored) through episode 7.

I agree that TFA was a big disappointment, but Rogue One is the best in the Star Wars franchise IMO. Slow at first, but it ramps up. It has the best space battle and best Vader scene in the franchise and clearly shows the power of the Death Star, even when firing at low power.

I am pretty sure he is referring to the joke about Han also being born a women is right wing politics due to the fact that such a joke pokes fun at making sure transgender people get equality in movies.
Even half of all people being transgender wouldn't warrant the need for equality in movies. This type of equality of outcome is idiotic. Maybe disabled people should get equality in being lifeguards no?

I agree that TFA was a big disappointment, but Rogue One is the best in the Star Wars franchise IMO. Slow at first, but it ramps up. It has the best space battle and best Vader scene in the franchise and clearly shows the power of the Death Star, even when firing at low power.

Agreed, I saw Force Awakens about 1 1/2 times both for free and I still hated it. I tried to watch the RiffTrax make fun of it and it was still lame. Rogue One on the other hand is about as close to Empire Strikes Back as I think they'll ever get. I've watched it maybe 5 or 6 times now.

Last edited:
What? A smuggler, wanted for various crimes across the galaxy, may not use his given name? The hell you say. I guess I'm the only one interested in seeing how the best character in the series got to be that way. As reckless as he is in the later years, I can't imagine what the younger, less mature version is like. Feel free to call me names for being a sucker for (well done) origin stories; I'd call that being a history buff.
I'd imagine they would work it into the dialog in the same fashion as Indiana Jones, as Mr45 so deftly pointed out. It may be a minor tidbit in the movie, but I can't see them making an entire movie based on his name changing.
I also think the original post was a little over the top. Feel free to dislike the movie, but find better reasons.

Back