Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

Hope you don't lose that progress. Someone else in the thread had the same thing happen I believe.
Thanks,I should be fine,my 20Hrs of play time is still there. Looks like EA login is down in my area in Canada and has been having troubles over the last 6 Hrs from what I can see.

Also I like the game except for the terrible stutter but I would have no problem restarting the game from scratch. Most game would be a pain in the behind,this one not so much.

If you're interested there is a DLSS3 mod for the game available now, but unfortunately it's NOT free. You have to have a discord account and then sign up on their patreon.
https://www.dsogaming.com/mods/dlss...i-survivor-elden-ring-available-for-download/
Dude did say he would release a free version but I guess he figured out how to get good quality picture now,so good luck to him on patreon. I am weird can sink 10K in to computer/monitor/sound no problem but paying for a mod,hell no but I respect that he is doing this for a few games which is awesome.

Yeah, the new EA App is complete trash. Bad UI, lots of bugs, etc. It also updates itself every other day and keeps a copy of the old version in the same folder...for reasons. If you happen to tell it to install your games into the same folder as the app, they get shuffled away with each update into the "Outdated EA Desktop" folder.
Origin was never great, but it certainly wasn't bad in the grand scheme of things.

I haven't loaded up Origin in a while. I assume I will be "upgraded" to this new thing if I do?

If you don't feel like using the Windows Store version, you can always just download the normal stand-alone app here: https://www.ea.com/ea-app
It's worth noting that no matter where you tell it to install, it WILL install to your Program Files folders. You can get around it with a Powershell command like this one:
.\EAappInstaller.exe /i DefaultInstallFolder=”C:\Games\EA\EA App\”

I've never had any trouble installing games from EA exactly where I want to install them.

I've never had any trouble installing games from EA exactly where I want to install them.

Not the games - the actual EA app itself. You can tell it to install anywhere you like, but it'll ignore you and toss it into Program Files. Older beta versions worked fine, but ever since it went final, the installer always puts it there.

I just started this up and there's already a dealbreaker...I can't use the arrow keys for movement (instead of WSAD)???...why??...the first game allowed it...the arrow keys are hard-locked into the Menu movement keys...ridiculous...so I need to wait for a patch that fixes this

what do the FOV options correlate to in terms of actual numbers...the options are only listed as Default, Wider and Widest...what equals 90 FOV (horizontal)?

Things like that are a non-issue for AutoHotkey users. Sounds like you should familiarize yourself.

Loved the first game but I waited 6ish months to play it and it was fine (I'm sure there was shader comp stutter but somehow I don't remember seeing it, I am lucky). Trying to read through the last two pages, sounds like despite day 1 patch (plus May 1? Two patches?) there are still issues? I have a 9700K @ 5GHz and RTX 3080, so decent but not crazy high end. I think I will wait for a sale, the game is also $90CAD which is painful despite how much I loved the first, which I played inside a month on EA's GamePass thing.

in the Edit KB/M control settings why are there so many settings labeled 'Locked'??...what does that mean?...it doesn't tell me what the option is

1.png

in the Edit KB/M control settings why are there so many settings labeled 'Locked'??...what does that mean?...it doesn't tell me what the option is

View attachment 568308
This is the main reason I used a controller to play. I saw how bad the menu was and I didnt even attempt to remap keys.

Really hate games that lock key bindings for PC. Drives me nuts. I remember it took Dice years to stop hard coding the Q key......

This is the main reason I used a controller to play. I saw how bad the menu was and I didnt even attempt to remap keys.

Really hate games that lock key bindings for PC. Drives me nuts. I remember it took Dice years to stop hard coding the Q key......

the label shows as 'Locked' but I can rebind it...but it doesn't tell me what it's supposed to be for...for example attack, block etc

View attachment 568308
For some reason they hide the names for "spoiler" reasons. They map to abilities you unlock as you progress through the game. It's a dumb ass design choice, is what it is.

For some reason they hide the names for "spoiler" reasons. They map to abilities you unlock as you progress through the game. It's a dumb ass design choice, is what it is.

terrible design choice...that means after setting things up and remapping everything the way I like I might have to go back in and remap things again after I get those abilities...after finishing the game once and if I start a new playthrough will the labels still be there?

which FOV setting are people using?...looks like 'Widest' is closest to what it was in Fallen Order

How the hell to you see if the game updated or the EA app downloaded updates? Apparently I had my profile set to not update the games, I set it to keep them updated but I don't see anything downloading. Stupid EA app.

How the hell to you see if the game updated or the EA app downloaded updates? Apparently I had my profile set to not update the games, I set it to keep them updated but I don't see anything downloading. Stupid EA app.

you can look in the Windows Control Panel---> Programs and Features...for me it shows Jedi: Survivor as version 1.0.0.3

this is a good looking game but the graphics look a bit softer than Fallen Order...the areas are more wide open with a lot more environmental detail...I'm still very early in the game (Coruscant)...it's a seamless transition from Fallen Order to Survivor...

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 2.png
    2.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 3.png
    3.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

I can't imagine playing this game with kb/m just due to the myriad of options during combat and trying to hit the right keys

I can't imagine playing this game with kb/m just due to the myriad of options during combat and trying to hit the right keys

I can't, either, but I also don't understand how anybody can play any game without inverting the Y-axis. Everyone is different.

you guys are just used to playing with a controller for 90% of your games...I dominate with kb/m in any game I play...I always spend the beginning of the game getting used to the gameplay and deciding how best to remap the controls based on which buttons I will use the most often...I've posted plenty of videos of me dominating the toughest bosses in all the Dark Souls/Bloodborne/Sekiro/Elden Ring games using kb/m so I'm not just making stuff up

sometimes I spend the first few hours practicing in the early areas of a game just to figure out the optimal kb/m layout (yes using the arrow keys for movement!)...to each his own, if you love a controller then more power to you but don't knock kb/m setups as being sub-optimal or a poor alternative to a controller...it just takes more work to 'git good' with kb/m...same way consoles/controller setups are plug and play easy, a PC/kb/m setup requires more work...I bet I can beat most of you controller guys in most games that were 'designed to work best with a controller'

Last edited:
Still love the game mostly, I think I have one mission to go before it's over but I am no where near having all the skills bought. IIRC I need like 41 more skill points to get everything. Still the one thing I dislike about the game is the inability to change stances but at a workbench or meditation circle. I feel this small thing makes some of the stances less useful or in my case basically unused for most of the game. If you could change it at anytime by say scrolling when pressing right and switching between the last used and current with left it would have been a better system and you could use all the stances as you needed them. The way it is now I just pick the 2 best ones overall for me crossguard for power and staff for speed and crowds. Though as I went through the game I thought this stance would be better here it wouldn't have been worth switching out the two I used most often and having a harder time getting back here.

IDK if I want to grind for 41 more skill points and finish the skill tree or just finish the game (I think it's the last mission anyway). :)

the early Tutorial Coruscant area is very Cyberpunk-ey in terms of all the neon lights and reflections...I'm playing at 1440p with all settings maxed including ray-tracing On...the game has a very film-ey grainy look to it (even with the Film Grain setting disabled)...RT definitely improves the image but it's also very subtle...the thing that really sucks about the RT reflections is that it only reflects the character model and not the light saber which makes zero sense...your character can be standing looking at himself on a reflective surface with his light saber engaged and the reflection of the saber is missing

check out these RT On, RT Off and RT On with light saber screenshots I took...

Attachments

• RT Saber.png
    RT Saber.png
    3 MB · Views: 1
  • RT Off.png
    RT Off.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
  • RT On.png
    RT On.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 1
the early Tutorial Coruscant area is very Cyberpunk-ey in terms of all the neon lights and reflections...I'm playing at 1440p with all settings maxed including ray-tracing On...the game has a very film-ey film grain look to it (even with the Film Grain setting disabled)...RT definitely improves the image but it's also very subtle...the thing that really sucks about the RT reflections is that it only reflects the character model and not the light saber which makes zero sense...your character can be standing looking at himself on a reflective surface with his light saber engaged and the reflection of the saber is missing

check out these RT On, RT Off and RT On with light saber screenshots I took...
As others have said don't expect much from RT on UE4. Also you would have to kinda assume there's going to be shortcuts taken when they decided to hardlock RT to ON for consoles.

you guys are just used to playing with a controller for 90% of your games...I dominate with kb/m in any game I play...I always spend the beginning of the game getting used to the gameplay and deciding how best to remap the controls based on which buttons I will use the most often...I've posted plenty of videos of me dominating the toughest bosses in all the Dark Souls/Bloodborne/Sekiro/Elden Ring games using kb/m so I'm not just making stuff up

sometimes I spend the first few hours just practicing in the early areas of a game just to figure out the optimal kb/m layout (yes using the arrow keys for movement!)...to each his own, if you love a controller then more power to you but don't knock kb/m setups as being sub-optimal or a poor alternative to a controller...it just takes more work to 'git good' with kb/m...same way consoles/controller setups are plug and play easy, a PC/kb/m setup requires more work...I bet I can beat most of you controller guys in most games that were 'designed to work best with a controller'
I don't play with a controller in "90%" of my games, but I generally do in this type of game ("souls-lite", third-person action). If shooting is a primary gameplay mechanic, it's always mouse & keyboard for me.

As others have said don't expect much from RT on UE4. Also you would have to kinda assume there's going to be shortcuts taken when they decided to hardlock RT to ON for consoles.

yeah I never expect good RT from AMD sponsored titles (Far Cry 6 was maybe their best RT implementation but that might have to do with the HD Texture Pack)...the fact that all the RT settings are lumped together into one On/Off toggle says it all...most PC games with RT support separate each RT feature- RT Reflections, RT shadows, RT Ambient Occlusion etc

they should have removed RT Reflections if they couldn't get the light saber reflections working...the light saber is one of the key parts of any SW game

Last edited:
yeah I never expect good RT from AMD sponsored titles (Far Cry 6 was maybe their best RT implementation but that might have to do with the HD Texture Pack)...the fact that all the RT settings are lumped together into one On/Off toggle says it all...most PC games with RT support separate each RT feature- RT Reflections, RT shadows, RT Ambient Occlusion etc

they should have removed RT Reflections from this game if they couldn't get the light saber reflections working...the light saber is one of the key parts of any SW game
They might in the future get them working correctly. But I think you would agree there are much more pressing issues that need to be fixed first.

They might in the future get them working correctly. But I think you would agree there are much more pressing issues that need to be fixed first.

agreed...I love me some RT but gameplay is always the most important thing followed by performance...amazing graphics can enhance an already great game but won't make a lousy game good

sometimes I spend the first few hours practicing in the early areas of a game just to figure out the optimal kb/m layout (yes using the arrow keys for movement!)...to each his own, if you love a controller then more power to you but don't knock kb/m setups as being sub-optimal or a poor alternative to a controller...it just takes more work to 'git good' with kb/m...same way consoles/controller setups are plug and play easy, a PC/kb/m setup requires more work...I bet I can beat most of you controller guys in most games that were 'designed to work best with a controller'
Tbh 90% of my games i play with a KB/M. There are only a select few games that to me feel more natural/fluid with a controller. Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Jedi Fallen Order are 3 I can think of right away.

But this is why its a PC (Personal Computer) you play the way you want. Be it a controller, KB/M or hell even one of those weird hand controller things they try to sell people lol.

even very early on I'm loving this game...Fallen Order was excellent as well but this is an improvement in almost every way- new Force powers such as Confuse, Jedi mind trick...the grappling hook feels very Batman Arkham-ey but it works...dismemberment is a nice addition...the Companion assist is the one new feature I'm not a fan of as I hate co-op type of elements...but it's not something you have to use so I'm fine with it

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 2.png
    2.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
  • 3.png
    3.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • 4.png
    4.png