Star Wars Galaxies

Rustedimpala

Limp Gawd
Does anyone still play SWG? I bought a while back and played for like 2 weeks and gave it up because it seemed like I was going nowhere in the game and there seemed to be no point to it all. Just curious if anyone is still playing and paying $15 a month for it?

I played that game for two weeks and gave up. IMO it sucks harder than a $2 whore.

It wasnt that bad, and had very good potential.

The game just went into a downward spiral after the holo grinds and the path to jedi became revealed.

IMO Jedi ruined the game...

Anyways I would just keep an eye on their website and perhaps play again when the Combat Upgrade Patch goes into effect

I played it the first month it came out. I thought it was pretty fun. I was one of the first few people to have a house :D

I have to chime in here:
I d/l the trial and got rid of it after 2 days.

The animation on the characters was awful,example: the running animation for a human,I was like, WTHELL was that?! It looked like the character had some serious spinal problems!

Boring,boring,boring. Combat was lame. And really, how many times can you hear that SW music before it drives you mad?

It came with the JTLS expansion and I went into space to check it out. YAWN. there are WAY better space combat/simulators on consoles and other computer games.
What a joke of a game. What a sad slap in the face to SW fans.
Who hired these people? I remember the dev/producer on G4 or somewhere being real excited showing off JTLS on the show...and I just couldn't contain my laughter. What a loser.

-and let's not even get started about the Matrix Online...haha!

-=JAJ=-

<<First Jedi on Farstar, and what a letdown. Sold my account for $1500 though, so that wasn't exactly a dissapointment.

A jedi master could easily get taken out by a commando w/ a flamethrower.

I quit the second after I critically failed my 3rd large house in a row. It seems like it could be a cool game if you were a hardcore player. But the fact that they've been promising a combat revamp for like 2 years makes me question its longterm appeal.

Actually, I still play and I have played since before day 1. Yes it has problems but all MMO's have problems...even the all mighty Worlds of Warcraft(which I play also).

SWG is getting better since they fixed the holo grind(although there is still problems with Jedi's) and they even fixed the GCW...although it will not be fully fixed till the combat upgrade. I am just amazed at how fast they have been pumping out major publishes as of late.

And as for Jump to Lightspeed....what are you talking about, seen better space combat on consoles, now thats a laugh. The graphics in space a really good and the fact that its skill based combat instead level based is also really nice. Now I will agree that it is a bit slow but they did that as a compramise in order to deal with lag and to have more players in a sector. Also, I have never seen another game that you could go into space with a group all in the same ship, park the ship and walk around while you have other players flying around you that you could watch from with in your ship. As you can see, I really like the space stuff so I will stop gushing about it :)

Over all, SWG is getting better and I feel that even with all its problems, it still is one of the best ones out their. Give it some more time like some have said and give it another shot.

SmillingMan said:
Actually, I still play and I have played since before day 1. Yes it has problems but all MMO's have problems...even the all mighty Worlds of Warcraft(which I play also).

SWG is getting better since they fixed the holo grind(although there is still problems with Jedi's) and they even fixed the GCW...although it will not be fully fixed till the combat upgrade. I am just amazed at how fast they have been pumping out major publishes as of late.

And as for Jump to Lightspeed....what are you talking about, seen better space combat on consoles, now thats a laugh. The graphics in space a really good and the fact that its skill based combat instead level based is also really nice. Now I will agree that it is a bit slow but they did that as a compramise in order to deal with lag and to have more players in a sector. Also, I have never seen another game that you could go into space with a group all in the same ship, park the ship and walk around while you have other players flying around you that you could watch from with in your ship. As you can see, I really like the space stuff so I will stop gushing about it :)

Over all, SWG is getting better and I feel that even with all its problems, it still is one of the best ones out their. Give it some more time like some have said and give it another shot.
Don't hold your breath for that combat upgrade, that's been in the works since day 1. I remember them saying something about it when I played (the first 2 months the game was out).

My roomate in "A" school was playing it when I checked in, so I thought I'd try it out. I thought it was BORING, very. I put it away after about a week. He on the other hand, played it for another 5 months until he transferred, probably still playing it...

As with pretty much ANY game, depends on what you like I guess.

I was in phase 2 of the beta. I played until release and never bought it, cause I thought it sucked.

I am impressed with the amount of publishes they have put in, in a short amount of time as of late, but I am still not resubscribing till they push the combat revamp, which is currently in alpha with a select few.

If you like crafting though and have time to spare, its probablly the most rewarding game when it comes to uniqueness to crafting. Plus you can make a lot of credits to fuel your pvp toon.

I Played it for awhile. I stoped for a few months came back, and every inch of all the planets was full of player housing.

I thought that was incredible stupid, and cancelled my account right away.

I am impressed with the amount of publishes they have put in, in a short amount of time as of late, but I am still not resubscribing till they push the combat revamp, which is currently in alpha with a select few.

I may give it another chance once they do the combat upgrade. At least it might make it more interesting.

I played SWG from launch till about mid November '04, initially the game had so much potential, the graphics where great, (at the time), the game play was pretty good. And initially the Star Wars part was done pretty well... Then came December '03 and the game breaking Holocron grind, the game spiraled down quickly from that point.... It also seems around this time is when the credit duping hit full force, and the economy completely tanked..... Do not even get me started on the whole Jedi issue.. what a freaking joke...

Jump to light speed was a great add on, but not good enough to keep the game interesting for me.... Now if it was a seperate game i'd still probably be playing it. Its really a good space sim, and was done pretty well.

Personaly I think this game really could have been great, SOE just dropped the ball, and turned it into garbage.... Good luck with the Combat upgrade, its been what almost 2 years now?

I quit playing after realizing that anything worth doing in the game required you to be a Jedi. Which I didn't want to be a Jedi. In fact, don't get me started. It was also really damned lame how people with characters that were EXCLUSIVELY combat had no source of income. The only way I was making credits was grind Faction missions all day for a week and buy a set of Stormtrooper armor and sell it to a rebel (that can't buy it) for 1 million credits, whereas the armorsmiths were getting 300k for a single suit of Composite armor! I also hated the HAM system...This has to be the FIRST game ever where special moves HURT your character. It never shoulda happened like that.

I played it for a while.

What killed it for me is what kills me with every MMO... grinding, having to spend a freakin month to gain 10 levels. I don't have the time to spend on that crap, wish someone would just make a game that was half again quicker, but even then... it'd need a fun gameplay element and the ability to "win" something unique. Jedi didn't ruin it, lack of crap to do... did.

Back