• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Star Wars: Galactic Racer

Reminds me a bit of old school racers like "Road To The Top", Top Gear 2000, or even Biker Mice From Mars------ Where you start a GP tour, and in between races, you can choose basic upgrades.

The racing itself is also mechanically pretty basic. But, everything is SO FAST. You REALLY have to pay close attention and react on a dime. And on the hardest difficulty, maximizing when and how long you use your boost/turbo options, becomes critical.

Its very fun. But....it may also not be exactly what people were imagining. I thought this was going to be more like Motorstorm or San Francisco Rush. But, its actually more like an arcadey Formula 1 with hover cars.
Sounds like Wipeout.
Some motherboards are known to push unreliable settings when set to Auto. If you're getting crashes in more than one game it might be worth it to try manual values on CPU and RAM voltages. (My x570 board tries to run my DDR4 at like 1.2V on Auto (and crashes) while the actual memory spec is 1.4V)
This happened on my DDR3 and current board. I just developed a habit of setting the RAM voltage manually to the spec of the sticks I install. Must be a green energy regulation thing if they're not setting the voltage correctly by SPC or the XMP are nerfed.
You’re Likely Playing Star Wars: Galactic Racer All Wrong, Like I Did For My First 16 Hours

It wasn’t until after I had finished my review and was excitedly talking about the game to a friend and was showing them a trailer that I noticed some of the gameplay being in first-person...anyone who simply opens the settings menu and looks at the controls will see that there’s a button to change your perspective...the game never teaches you this; you just need to know to go looking for it in the settings...I immediately jumped into a quick arcade challenge to test it, and, turns out, first-person perspective is 100% the way to play this game...

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/y...r-all-wrong-like-i-did-for-my-first-16-hours/
Why would you not peruse all the options before starting to play a game? This is why I hate modern games like Forza Horizon that throw you right into the gameplay on first boot. People get lazy and think everything is optimized already for them. FH6 was set to 1920x1080 resolution when I first booted it and couldn't change it until after the 10-minute introduction race and I was pissed the whole time.
 
It's a neat game. I'm having a lot of fun with it. I still don't quite understand how some things work (in one race my car kept blowing up because it was "corroded" with 0 explanation) but it's blast to play. I kinda wish there was a tutorial on the UI and what everything means, but otherwise I don't really have any complaints.
 
It's a neat game. I'm having a lot of fun with it. I still don't quite understand how some things work (in one race my car kept blowing up because it was "corroded" with 0 explanation) but it's blast to play. I kinda wish there was a tutorial on the UI and what everything means, but otherwise I don't really have any complaints.
corroded comes from environmental effects, the yellow poison puddles on that one planet.
edit: every planet has their own effects, which will probably get a bit boring at some point, for now its fun to fiddle with upgrades to try to mitigate those effects

game is great, almost won my last run, failed on the last challenge before the end race.
when you get a build going, its really satisfying, cant believe how fast this game can feel then. you think youre going fast, and then you get a build going and its lights out, barely controllable speed.

tried all three vehicles and the skimmer is my favorite now. takes a bit getting used to it, but its spectacularly fun to race with it.
 
Back
Top