Star Wars: Eclipse

polonyc2

Fully [H]
From Quantic Dream, the creators behind Heavy Rain and Detroit: Become Human, Star Wars: Eclipse is a game set during the High Republic era and is described as an action/adventure...the game is in "early development"...

Last edited:
I don't know anything about the games this company has made. It's a neat enough CG cinematic trailer, but that tells us nothing about the game play. "Action/Adventure" game is about the most worthless description I've ever heard for a game.

I don't know anything about the games this company has made. It's a neat enough CG cinematic trailer, but that tells us nothing about the game play. "Action/Adventure" game is about the most worthless description I've ever heard for a game.

Fallen Order was an action/adventure game so Eclipse will most likely be along those lines :D

They made Heavy Rain, Detroit: Become Human, etc. Basic gameplay mixed with an interactive movie, pretty much.

Detroit Become Human was the best of the bunch, IMO. It was actually a fairly good interactive movie type game that had much more alternatives in outcome that could occur early in the game than is typical. However, I am assuming this will be more along like lines of Fallen Order.

I mean......meh? Post-Skywalker era action-adventure doesn't really interest me, but I'm sure this will scratch someone else's itch. Oh damn, I'm an idiot.

I'm still 'meh' for no logical reason right now.

Last edited:
It would have been nice if the trailer said as much. Even the official website only mentions it once.
The Dorito Pope mentioned it after the trailer played at TGA last night. Link should go to the timestamp of 3965 seconds (1:06:05).

Some rumors. Seems like it's still a high-concept at this point. Why developers release stuff this early is beyond me. I guess it's more to get investors excited instead of gamers.

https://twistedvoxel.com/details-leak-quantic-dreams-star-wars-eclipse/

Open-world action-adventure with a non-linear story. Quantic Dream are reportedly having issues adapting their in-house engine to an open-world game, and will reportedly take another 3-4 years of development.

oh noes! someone on the internet complained about something! everyone stop what you're doing so we, too, can feel victimized!

Apparently, the trend of releasing trailers is early is to try and attract developer talent, but Quantic Dream are reportedly having trouble recruiting developers for the game. The initial projection of 3-4 years is now 6-7 years, with the release windows said to not be until 2027-28. The development house has 67 job position postings as of the article below. Quantic Dream is also supposedly looking to either court a publisher for the game, or be acquired outright by a larger company.

https://www.xfire.com/exclusive-qua...for-star-wars-eclipse-release-aimed-for-2027/

ffs can the star wars license go to more than one halfway talented developer for fucking once

Exactly. Why bother making a public trailer if the game is so many years off? And a half decent Star Wars game will sell. I am amazed that so few Star Wars games came out over the span of the recent (and lame) trilogy.

Exactly. Why bother making a public trailer if the game is so many years off? And a half decent Star Wars game will sell. I am amazed that so few Star Wars games came out over the span of the recent (and lame) trilogy.
CDPR did it with Cyberpunk 2077?

Explained above: Attracting talent and courting publishers.

I really, really dislike when projects get announced half a decade before they'll actually be available. The assumes they actually see the light of day at all.
This one would normally really interest me. I like the slower paced Quantic Dream titles and they can be just as much fun watching someone else play as they are playing yourself. They're almost like watching a TV mini-series, which is a format I enjoy. They don't make for the best $60 purchase, but I've managed to get all their previous titles for super cheap (or "free" via PS+) pretty quickly after their release.
My wife is a mega Star Wars nerd, so I'll probably just let her get this one...in 2027 when it actually comes out on the PS6.

You know they are working on something and people are going to speculate or try and find out what it is regardless, so might as well tell them.

NetEase to Acquire 100% of Quantic Dream

Quantic Dream has been looking to be fully acquired since its three-game Sony deal expired...those familiar with the deal have said that the current NetEase and Quantic Dream deal seems to be similar to that of Grasshopper, with NetEase providing the resource support the studio needs to bring 'Star Wars Eclipse' to life...

https://exputer.com/news/industry/netease-to-acquire-quantic-dreams/

NetEase to Acquire 100% of Quantic Dream

Quantic Dream has been looking to be fully acquired since its three-game Sony deal expired...those familiar with the deal have said that the current NetEase and Quantic Dream deal seems to be similar to that of Grasshopper, with NetEase providing the resource support the studio needs to bring 'Star Wars Eclipse' to life...

https://exputer.com/news/industry/netease-to-acquire-quantic-dreams/
They must have really been desperate if they accepted a deal from NetEase. It's one of the worst publishers they could have gone with.

the third SW Jedi game from Respawn will most likely be released before Eclipse...along with that new Outlaws game from Amy Hennig in 2024...the KOTOR remake is also out there...plenty of SW games coming in the next few years

the third SW Jedi game from Respawn will most likely be released before Eclipse...along with that new Outlaws game from Amy Hennig in 2024...the KOTOR remake is also out there...plenty of SW games coming in the next few years
I thought the KOTOR remake was in development hell after all the Woke crap they tried to inject into it. But aside from that, you're correct.

Back