Star Wars Chase Scene Using Drones

Big fan of the Corridor Digital group. You should also check out their Darth Santa video.

If you have a spare five minutes, you really have to watch this video. Star Wars fan or not, just watching these drones fly is extremely impressive.
Footage is obviously sped up for effect, but a cool video none the less.
*edit* or maybe not. I was basing the speed-up on R2's head movements looking to be hyper fast, but looks like that is how they designed it.

The Rotor Riot team is phenomenal and super funny too. Check out the YouTube channel if you have some time to kill. I highly recommend Guns vs. Drones.

The Rotor Riot team is phenomenal and super funny too. Check out the YouTube channel if you have some time to kill. I highly recommend Guns vs. Drones.

how much do quads like that cost? A few grand? I saw a decent looking quad at Best Buy this weekend and it was nearly 1k, but nothing like these things...

how much do quads like that cost? A few grand? I saw a decent looking quad at Best Buy this weekend and it was nearly 1k, but nothing like these things...
I'm not all familiar with quad copters, but if it's anything like RC cars were back in the day, comparing a store bought is like comparing a pro RC car racer kit with something from radio shack.

Speaking of a Drone.

I fly Micro Drone frequently... It's the greatest hobby...

Check out my video ... .pay particular attention at 2:53 ~ 3:01 & see the clouds how it looks like... Doesn't it looks like a FACE of Human or Ghost?

Tell me ur opinion....

I'm not all familiar with quad copters, but if it's anything like RC cars were back in the day, comparing a store bought is like comparing a pro RC car racer kit with something from radio shack.

I actually "got off' my lazy ass and used the ol' google machine. The quad's used in the linked video are $400-500 and then you need the R/C and goggles, etc. Probably a couple grand when said and done.

I think I'd have a hard time selling that to my wife when she is complaining that I bought a cheapass GearVR this weekend.

Its actually much more affordable than you think. These racing quads use really high-end motors and batteries. The flight controllers are pretty much all the same but the Rotor Riot guys tweak the settings. The basic frame is about $60. With all your electronics, including a basic transmitter, you are in the $500 range. Less if you go cheap in areas. If you add in video gear... the price really goes up. Add another $500. Goggles are $$$ but you buy them once.

Incredible Job... i thought Only the Hollywood could do these kinds of effects.... They are amazing...

Oddly enough I like the raw fpv video more so than what digital corridor did with it. I like both, just prefer the unaltered stuff more.

Back