• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Star Wars Battlefront 2

I wish Lucasarts released a demo for this game.
I'm unable to make up my mind aswell, propably will get it for christmas.
 
It's "so-so".....if you liked the first one, you might like it. Otherwise I'd not buy it.

GFX are ok, gameplay is mediocre and controls are sluggish. I should've saved my cash.
 
I played it a short while, my roomate purchased it and he seems to like it although there are some problems:

The Jedis are kind of weak compared to the other, more Jedi centered LucasArt games (Jedi Knight II, Knights of the old Rep? never played it).
It's kind of hard to see what's going on when you have to be third person as a Jedi. Yoda tends to sit under water you really just have to run around and mow people over rather than doing Jedi stuff on them.
Some of the gamestyle ideas are really cool, I guess there is a risk style you can play that has been greatly improved since the first one. You actually have missions in the campaigns now as apposed to just capturing posts and killing everything.

From my 30 minutes of playing it and from my buddy's comments, I'm personally glad I didn't buy it but I'd recommend it to someone who already has FEAR, Quake3, BF2, and COD2, if you don't have one of the preceding games I would buy one of them before this one.
 
meh....I like it, It's a nice change from the normal fps....but then again, I liked the first one and it's good fun in mp with a local lan. I do like the fact they put space flight into it...makes me want an updated version of x-wing vs tie fighter.

my controls aren't sluggish at all, very fluid actually.
 
computerdude said:
What is your take on this? I am thinking of buying this
and would like feedback.

Thanks


It's a good game. Better than the first. The jedi feature is good/bad.
Having to play well to earn the chance to be jedi is good. The movement
of the jedi could be a bit better.

Ive played & own the PC version which is the best version of this game.
The Xbox versionlooks just a good, but doesnt play as well. Your do
busy fiddling with the controls to enjoy the game.



Joril said:
I wish Lucasarts released a demo for this game.
I'm unable to make up my mind aswell, propably will get it for christmas.


WTH are you talking about?? They did release a demo it was called a beta!!
 
3WAYsplit said:
WTH are you talking about?? They did release a demo it was called a beta!!

Well, a beta isn't quite the final product and thus not a demo of it.
Where can I get my hands on the beta then?
 
Joril said:
Well, a beta isn't quite the final product and thus not a demo of it.
Where can I get my hands on the beta then?


:rolleyes: I said it was a beta, and it wouldnt do you any good to get it now since
the game is out.

The beta was only available to be played online, and most if not all servers have
removed the beta for the game. :)
 
3WAYsplit said:
:rolleyes: I said it was a beta, and it wouldnt do you any good to get it now since
the game is out.

The beta was only available to be played online, and most if not all servers have
removed the beta for the game. :)

I thought as much :-/
To bad, but it's still on the christmas list :)
 
Back
Top